Desktop OS Automation Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The VMware IT Colleague Experience and Technology organization is a global team that supports over 30,000 colleagues, with over 80,000 devices, spread across The Globe. We are committed to excellence and delightful customer experience in everything that we do. We engage and partner with our R&D organization to help make our Enterprise Mobility Management products more fit for purpose, bug-free and enterprise-ready.
We are looking for a senior engineer in desktop operating systems (Windows) with extensive scripting and automation background, who will be responsible for delivering zero-touch management of endpoints. To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- You will work with Azure, Amazon Web Services and serverless architecture to automate and innovate
- You will be using device management software (SCCM, Intune and Workspace One UEM) to automate the deployment and further manage the endpoints
- You will be interfacing Vmware’s R&D and Product groups to ensure full user adoption and to resolve any deployment & integration challenges on mobility and desktop & laptop segments
- You will be working closely with Server, Network and IT Security teams to make sure the corporate fleet is compatible, connected and secure
- You will be providing solutions and guidance to other teams within the end user services organization to better leverage the windows 10 OS platform features
- Exceptional scripting skills in PowerShell and/or Python
- Fluency in software distribution and management systems with proven MDM software experience (SCCM, AirWatch, Intune, Jamf,…)
- Previous experience in deployment automation projects, with focus on seamless user experience and “zero-touch” deployments
- Extensive experience with AD DS, Group Policies, Configuration Service Provider (CSP) and Windows infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Hands on deployment and configuration experience of Windows 10 in enterprise environment
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills (WMI, Error log analysis, crash dumps, application dumps)
- Public cloud platform experience such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Services
- Advanced working knowledge of network troubleshooting
- Demonstrated desire to learn emerging technologies and understand legacy technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Skills that will be considered a plus:
- Any previous development experience is considered a strong advantage
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows 10 or relevant experience
- Knowledge of SQL for query and report development
- Other relevant industry certification
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub