Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Data Analyst, Business Intelligence is a position requiring an individual with experience working in a corporate business intelligence, database management and business reporting environment. You have a demonstrated ability to deliver results and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. You have a strong business understanding, strong verbal and written communication skills.
You will be working on a range of Business Intelligence and data management activities. This role will be critical in the establishing strong partnership with the Business teams, streamlining the process around data management and ensuring BI solutions are meeting the highest quality standards. The reporting solutions will use the most suitable environment, mainly Tableau or Mode Analytics and also require solid knowledge of SQL backend data warehouses/databases & queries for data management / manipulation. The role is expected to provide mentorship and guidance to more junior team members. You will be involved in the Data Analytics department’s development as it pursues systems and processes that will continue to support the expanding needs of the Company.
- Support and participate in discussions to improve processes, analyses and reporting
- Develop expertise on business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
- Drives projects with cross-functional teams to solve ongoing issues and to support creation of new data attributes supporting BI report creation
- Deliver ad hoc business data analyses and dashboards in Tableau/ Mode Analytics
- Work with various business and engineering to ensure data is consistent across various systems
- Support the delivery and continuous improvement of existing BI solutions
- Proactively investigate, report and – where possible - address data quality issues and suggest improvements
- Perform QA activities to validate requirements are being met through front end solutions, data model verification, and source to target mapping.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, BI, Computer Science or equivalent, Masters Degree is a plus
- 2 years minimum of industry experience
- Systems orientated with strong analytical understanding and database skills for data retrieval, manipulation and data architecture
- Proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of Python and Java is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strength in researching, understanding, and succinctly explaining complex transactions and business impact
- Experience providing internal customers solutions that produce results
- Business Acumen, ability to translate business needs into a set of workable, specific requirements
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Must have combination of good communication skills (including presentation skills) and technical skills
- Must be able to use consultative approach and persuasive communication with stakeholders
Soft skills and Competencies:
- Communicates effectively; Interprets adequately policy, procedures and data;
- Maintains emotional control under stress
- Prioritises tasks effectively
- Makes decisions assessing all relevant factors
- Good work ethics, goal-oriented
- Responsive to the demands of colleagues and supervisors; constructive when giving and receiving feedback
- Constantly demonstrates proactive behaviour and autonomy
- Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption and extended team member readiness
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment
screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.