Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Content Strategy DevOps- Maternity Cover
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Content Strategy and Operations DevOps professionals works to design, develop, test, and support content development and deployment tools for VMware.
Join our industry-leading team with a core mission to build solutions for creation and management of technical content. We own a state of the art internal cloud environment that we use to develop the next generation of tools for creating content that informs and engages. We look for a DevOps professional who wants to build and explore the latest in cloud infrastructure, automation, and application development.
We are a diverse team and we pride ourselves on our forward-looking strategy and our ability to execute on visionary goals, while measuring and actively communicating our accomplishments.
As an engineer on our team, you work with a dedicated group of architects, developers, and IT professionals to design and deliver a wide scope of solutions. Professionals in the CSO group have wide latitude to bring their creativity and expertise to help us deliver impactful results. You will gain in-depth knowledge of enterprise content authoring and Web publishing systems, in order to ensure their operation and implement optimizations. You will work on the design and development of internal solutions to serve the business needs of the information developers and the teams that they support.
- Collaborate with partners and other specialists to design, implement, customize and operate tooling solutions running on VMware infrastructure
- Deploy, configure, and optimize cloud-based workloads
- Take care of day-to-day administrative duties, such as DNS records, OS configuration for servers, backups, and so on.
- Build and support automation solutions across platforms
- Collaborate with other teams and CSO staff to drive efficiency improvements and innovation
- Prioritize requests with the help of the manager and meet deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of networking, web infrastructure (IIS/Tomcat/Apache) and distributed systems
- Proficient in Linux & Windows system administration
- Strong knowledge of virtualization solutions such as vSphere
- Knowledge of agile practices
- Strong ability to develop scripting solutions by using Python or a similar language
- Comfortable working with SCM and build tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins
- Relational database experience (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Knowledge of the enterprise content management systems is desirable
- Knowledge of Web front-end technologies is a plus
- Positive attitude to engage with a diverse set of global teams
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with monitoring systems
- Good analytical skills
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.