Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Cloud Security Technical Program Manager
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Cloud Security team is responsible for ensuring VMware cloud service offerings have the appropriate processes in place to meet industry standard cloud security best practices, certifications and applicable legal and regulatory compliance requirements. We play a vital role in coordinating and executing VMWare’s cloud security and risk strategy based on security controls identified by ISO 27001, PCI DSS 2.0, HIPPA, Cloud Security Alliance, and any others that we deem strategic to the long-term success of our cloud service offerings.
As a Cloud Security Technical Program Manager, you will be required to navigate a landscape of technical constraints, resource constraints, and prioritization tradeoffs while delivering projects and results time and again. Reporting to the Manager, Cloud Security and Service Management, you will work closely with some of the most innovative minds in the cloud industry, ensuring cloud service offerings adhere to VMware security guidelines.
- Ensure cloud security processes are in place to support cloud security & compliance requirements for all service offerings.
- Track security issues and implement solutions in a prompt manner.
- Manage cross-functional projects to ensure cloud service offerings implement necessary security controls through the development and release cycle.
- Effectively communicate project status and suggest changes to use resources more efficiently.
- Propose solutions to technical or resource constraints using technical expertise and experience.
- Provide technical oversight of cross functional teams ensuring projects will meet business deadlines.
- Gather, create, and update security requirements and specifications for projects to enhance the overall program.
- Update reporting dashboards with current status of projects.
- Develop new dashboards or reports from DevOps tooling (JIRA, Confluence, etc).
- 4+ years of relevant work in product or project management.
- 5+ years of related experience working in a global information security, information technology (cloud concentration) or information risk management related role.
- Experience defining and running cross-functional programs.
- Experience with cloud computing service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Experience working with DevOps or SecDevOps tooling (JIRA, confluence, etc), processes, and culture.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the qualities to work efficiently, effectively, and autonomously with general supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing cloud security controls and frameworks for financial services organization or organizations with similar information security needs and requirements.
- Familiarity and understanding of broad range or IT hardware and software products, VMware products, cloud computing, or hosting services.
- Ability to multi-task, adjust to needs quickly and efficiently and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines while exercising sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers.
- Ability to quickly adapt as the organization evolves.
- Ability to work during U.S business hour schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related technical field; Master's degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CRISC.
- Project management certifications such as CAPM, PMP, PgMP
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.