Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Cloud Development Engineer - Lead - Cloud Service Platform
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Become a key contributor to the Cloud Services Platform at VMware.
VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for an Engineering lead to build and architect VMware's Cloud Services Platform to support VMware's SaaS product offerings. You will co-engineer and lead platform features with R&D Engineers as well as partner with various services to satisfy their commerce needs.
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services. This is an exciting area to work in which crosses multiple domains of expertise in a dynamic work culture. If understanding what value cloud can bring to our customers and experiencing what SaaS is all about motivates you, plus you are thrilled by delivering daily, then this job is for you.
Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Python, Java, Go lang, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, micro-services architectures and more. As a member of our team you will master the entire application life-cycle including application architecture and application deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
As our future colleague in the CSP team you will be responsible for the entire life-cycle of the core SaaS service platform within VMware:
- Lead, hire, train and mentor team of software engineers.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to design and implement the identity capabilities for VMware services.
- You will be a guide in the entire application life-cycle including research, design, development, testing (dev owns quality), along with continuous deployment and delivery
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability.
- Develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
- Challenge you to walk in a different path and to deliver quickly while maintaining a high quality
- Engineer highly resilient systems and be responsible for availability and scalability of the service.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion.
- You will deliver identity platform capabilities in an agile fashion while maintaining high software engineering practices.
- You will work directly with peer R&D groups, IT teams and Business Operations teams to align on the needs of the products and operations.
- Mentor and coach engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable and resilient systems.
- Experience with micro-services development.
- Software development experience in building JAVA applications, using Spring frameworks.
- Experience in data models and query language
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- Prior experience developing Cloud Native Applications is a critical need
- Significant expertise in designing robust APIs and well versed in data synchronization between sub-systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in OAuth 2.0 is a big plus
- Ability to drive projects spanning multiple groups
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/ SVN
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Strong social skills and experience in engaging executives and Engineers
- Expertise with DevOps practices and CI/CD tool chains to improve software delivery velocity
The ideal candidate must have extensive development experience with good taste in design and can provide architectural and modeling vision and hands-on technical leadership to a team. Past experience in large scale application design and development is critical. Designing for richness, flexibility, preciseness, performance, reliability and scalability is critical.
If working on large real-world problems, anticipating future customer requirements and delivering them on an aggressive schedule motivates you, then this job is for you.
- Opportunity to be part of the management and decision-making team of the subsidiary and improve skills and knowledge by working in an enterprise multinational, multicultural environment of overseas and distributed teams
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path and personal growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.