Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Clarity Senior UI Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are a passionate dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build a design system that is used by product teams around the world. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We are a team that "gets it done" together. We are not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together.
We love what we do and our design system is the foundation for products that are used by hundreds of thousands of individuals and organizations.
A Clarity Senior UI Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of components and design patterns that are used across the entire company. The Clarity Senior UI Engineer will be expected to build and support our library of components in a way that is scalable, sustainable, and adheres to the Clarity team’s coding standards. This process will involve anticipating edge cases, allowing for extensibility and reusability, production of quality documentation and example code, and meeting Clarity’s expectations for accessibility and internationalization.
A Senior UI Engineer is expected to:
- Work with user experience professionals across VMware to prioritize development efforts with competing timelines and requirements.
- Develop UI components by following design guidelines and comps with an eye towards detail.
- Compose solid documentation on the use and extensibility of our component library.
- Meet with teams outside of our organization to understand their use cases, requirements, and assumptions.
- Challenge assumptions and requirements from inside and outside the team with research and user-backed data to create better design solutions.
- Iterate rapidly on component development and proof-of-concepts. Speed and agility are extremely important.
- Anticipate edge cases for a variety of situations in a proactive manner.
- Grow community interest in our work and generate excitement about Clarity within the organization.
- Validate community requests quickly with a solid understanding of the foundations and capabilities of our component library.
What we look for:
- Expert skills in Angular (version 2+).
- Expert skills defining and analyzing edge cases.
- Expert skills in unit testing Angular components.
- Expert skills in TypeScript.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of iteration and collaboration across many disciplines.
- Commitment to unit testing and forward-thinking practices in front-end development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with animation, accessibility, and internationalization in web-based applications.
- Experience with SASS and CSS3.
- Online examples of work.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.