Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
C++ Software Engineer - vCenter
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in C/C++.
- You will be a part of a software development team, working in collaboration with product management, quality engineering and technical publications teams to develop high-quality software products
- You will analyze product requirements
- You will create functional, architecture and design specifications
- You will write and support code and perform code reviews
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Professional experience in programming for Linux and Win32
- Experience in Unix/Linux administration
- Excellent knowledge of multi-threading and networking
- Practical knowledge in general Computer Science: data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of the main operating systems concepts: processes, memory management, file systems
- Experience with profiling and debugging tools
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Willing to innovate, learn and share knowledge
- Experience building multi-platform solutions in C/C++
A plus will be:
- Experience with Perforce, Scons, make
- Experience with SQL server, PostgreSQL and Oracle
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Java
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.