Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Architect, PS COE
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Are you passionate about software architecture and design? Do you do the right things, the right way to exceed customer expectations? Are you looking to lead and drive key initiatives? Do you want to work with Fortune 100 companies?
VMware's Professional Services Center of Excellence (PS CoE) is seeking talented Architects. We're a market leader and our team is passionate about technology, innovation and excellence.
We work in enterprise markets and our solutions scale well with millions of objects. We build automation, orchestration and management of virtual infrastructure and delivers cloud solutions and services. We integrate open source and third party products, automate processes, set up private clouds, expose self-service capabilities, and consult customers. We use and extend VMware products such as vSphere, vRealize Suite Cloud Management platform, NSX, VMware Integrated OpenStack, vSphere Integrated Containers and much more.
As an architect within PS CoE, you'll independently conduct engagements with customers to architect large scale enterprise solutions, design and implement scalability and high availability alternatives to satisfy business objectives. You'll present custom solutions to clients at different levels across the customer's organization, from operators to consumers all the way up to the senior leadership.
You will be considered an authority on ensuring quality of services, continuous improvement of practices and processes and in creating software solutions. You'll research new technologies, identify new opportunities for services, craft existing service offerings, and partner with the management team to develop and expand the portfolio of services.
- You'll deliver workshops to customers and PSO consultants both on and off site to thoroughly capture requirements and analyze requirements to design technical solutions.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, you'll produce estimates and plans for software delivery.
- You'll adhere to and continuously improve the internal processes throughout the entire development lifecycle.
- You'll lead and assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
- You'll create technical content to share with the VMware community, partners and customers through services documentation, standard methodologies, trainings, blogs, and presentations.
- You'll represent VMware at internal and external events and contribute to forums and blogs.
- You'll mentor junior and coach senior members of the team to build and maintain the confidence of colleagues and clients.
- You'll conduct design and code reviews for team members.
- 8+ years of experience as a professional services consultant or software engineer with extensive experience in modern software development methodologies, including software and hardware architecture, infrastructure design and development and systems design.
- Your professional level English skills allow you to communicate clearly and explain just about anything to anyone in person, in writing and on the phone.
- You're open to learning and using different programming languages to address specific product needs.
- Strong ability to synthesize customer business requirements and convert into technology solution based on VMware Management product stack.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management.
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations.
- A practical understanding of Web-based application development, such as CGIgi-bin, and Apache or IIS server platforms.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent technical training.
- Business level communication in German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience at an Internet, Cloud or “Big 5” consulting organization.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.