Java Software Architect
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware R&D Business IT group is looking for a Software Architect to lead design and development of VMware's next generation of SaaS product offerings and internal applications. Our organization supports VMware R&D function with platforms and systems capabilities. In addition, we are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware. In this role, you will be empowered to drive strategy, roadmap and execution for the system architecture evolution. You will be responsible for technical leadership of a team and to deliver a scalable and API based platforms responsive to fast evolving business needs. You will work directly with a Senior Engineering Manager and business leaders to build the roadmap and communicate progress to leadership staff directly.
- You love to learn and to explore new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You have strong technical programming skills
- You enjoy working with some of the best engineers, architects and product managers
- You can lead and mentor a bunch of energetic software development engineers
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- 7+ years software development and client engagement experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in technical leadership
- Knowledge and experience with Java
- Knowledge and experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Knowledge and experience and experience with RDBMS (Oracle or MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience with messaging (RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Knowledge of microservice based architectures
- Knowledge of software architecture and design patterns and acumen when to apply them
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of CloudFoundry
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Redis)
- Knowledge for Software Engineering best practices
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub