Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Java Tech LeadJob ID R183907 Date posted 04/26/2018
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware R&D Business IT group is looking for a Software Architect to lead design and development of VMware's next generation of SaaS product offerings and internal applications. You are empowered to drive strategy, roadmap and execution for the system architecture evolution.
Our organization supports VMware R&D function with platforms and systems capabilities. In addition, we are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
Job Role and Responsibility:
As part of our growth plans, we are expanding our team in Sofia, Bulgaria. This provides a unique opportunity to come and be part of growing team in Bulgaria. You will be responsible for technical leadership of a team and to deliver a scalable and API based platforms responsive to fast evolving business needs. You will work directly with a Senior Engineering Manager and business leaders to build the roadmap and communicate progress to leadership staff directly.
- You love to learn and to explore new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You have strong technical programming skills
- You enjoy working with some of the best engineers, architects and product managers
- You can lead and mentor a bunch of energetic software development engineers
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- 7+ years software development and client engagement experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in technical leadership
- Knowledge and experience with Java
- Knowledge and experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Knowledge and experience and experience with RDBMS (Oracle or MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience with messaging (RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Knowledge of microservice based architectures
- Knowledge of software architecture and design patterns and acumen when to apply them
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of CloudFoundry
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Redis)
- Knowledge for Software Engineering best practices
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.