Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in General and Administrative
General and Administrative
Workplace Regional Manager, ASEAN
Dept: Real Estate & Workplace (REW)
Title: Workplace Regional Manager, ASEAN
Manager: Sr Director Real Estate and Workplace, APAC
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in business infrastructure virtualization and cloud computing
Our mission is to provide Workplaces that inspire innovation. We, the Real Estate and Workplace team are passionate in enabling our colleagues to innovate and contribute to VMware's success.
The role is responsible to organize, promote & implement effective Workplace programs across our South East Asian offices. You will collaborate with our partners across VMware, including IT, Sales & Marketing, Legal, Finance and Accounting and our FM providers and lead the Workplace services. You would have shown success and passion in driving a wide range programs to closure, including project management, change management and program implementation. You will be responsible for the full life cycle of Workplace including leasing, projects and facilities management. The role also leads the employee services provided under the REW scope. You, in the role will own key management relationships and will drive various real estate Strategies in conjunction with business demands.
- You will represent Real Estate & Workplace (REW) to VMware employees across the ASEAN region. ASEAN region covers Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia and other emerging markets.
- Improve employee experience through continuous improvement and engagement initiatives such as newsletters, communications and employee surveys. Collaborate with HR for specific programs such as Occupational Safety, snack programs, etc., and actively provide great workplace experience
- You will be maintaining strategic relationship with Management teams, be the respected and trusted RE advisor and steer various strategic Real Estate plans for ASEAN locations.
- You will source workplace resources including amenities, stationery and other employee services. Lead the outsourced workplace team in ASEAN and ensure the highest level of workplace service.
- In collaboration with the APAC Sr Director and APAC Planning Manager, you will run workplace strategies, lease structures and lead expansions, relocations and or space reduction; and change management initiatives as necessary
- Ensure all leasing activities are actively run in a timely manner in relevance to critical events / dates.
- Lead the various capital improvements, fit out projects and churns in the region. Actively lead facilities commissioning / decommissioning activities and the operational portion of such activities including setting up new offices, move management, closing down offices, etc.,
- You own budgets. Develop, track, analyze and report capital & operational budgets, forecasts, expenses and associated financial activities. Identify and implement cost efficiencies on a regular basis.
- Drive various capacity and occupancy related activities and maintain accurate reporting.
- Develop programs around Critical Environment, preventative maintenance and various reactive maintenances and provide a safe and productive workplace. Identify any potential risks and drive mitigation strategies as applicable.
- You will lead all the offices in ANZ including leased and serviced offices.
- You will actively manage the outsourcing contract, partners and enable positive outcome as measured through their KPIs. Direct our partners to insure we are providing programs and environments that inspires and energizes our internal teams
- Support and manage, as required, all aspects, details and delivery of Regional Projects & Project Management programs including project forecasting, RFP process, management of vendors/partners, construction budget tracking and schedule
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing on vendor contracts and our internal approval process
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting in managing various Financial and accounting aspects of CAP-EX, OP-EX and reporting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with numerous in-house business groups, operations personnel and Sr. Management. Your ability to digest and communicate complex concepts clearly will be key strength.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational, people management and customer interaction skills
- You will be facing abstract and high level guidance from time to time. You will need sound judgement in evaluating risks and opportunities. We count on your social skills in collaborating and positively influencing others.
Equal Opportunity Statement
VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware urges applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.