Senior Manager, Systems Engineering, SD-WAN - Service Provider
Singapore, - SingaporeApply Now Job ID R1901485
Are you a seasoned leader who wants new challenge in leading and growing a technical pre-sales Systems Engineering team for one of the hottest networking technologies, SD-WAN? We are looking for someone with business and technical acumen to lead our talented team of SEs whose responsibility is to take VMware clients through a successful SD-WAN journey.
SD-WAN is transforming enterprise Wide Area Network (WAN). VMware SD-WAN powered by VeloCloud is a marker leader. Our technology enables economical use of the WAN bandwidth, greatly simplifies the WAN configuration, operation, and deployment, while assuring application performance over any transport.
As SE manager, we partner with both internal and external organizations to ensure the SE team has all the necessary tools and knowledge, remove obstacles, and encourage more collaboration. We define and execute field enablement program so the team is knowledgable in VMware SD-WAN offering and capabilities and has the level of hands on experience required in selling VMware SD-WAN. We lead by examples and be outstanding mentor. We will also partner with other sales leadership in crafting the right vision and sales plan that will motivate our team yet allows them to be successful in hitting their sales target.
- Work with your sales counterpart to develop the sales strategy and executing plan to hit the sales target. This includes collaborating with product management, marketing, and sales executive.
- Present VMware SD-WAN technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Evangelize how VMware SD-WAN delivers increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors.
- Stay up to date on current industry trend and the latest competitor's moves
- Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities by providing critical oversight
- Work collaboratively with sales managers, product managers, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSX SD-WAN offering and adjacent technologies. Contribute to the enablement plan and be the voice of the field.
- Systematically track and improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), e.g. number of POCs, POC duration, POC health
- Define the performance and development goals of direct reports and work closely with them to achieve those goals
- Maintain and foster technical and business relationships with key partners in field organizations, channel partners, and VMware Business Units (BUs)
- Manage headcount and recruiting activities
- Celebrate and recognize key individuals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of successful systems engineering experience in networking or related field, working with Service Provider as a sell through channel.
- Experience in running a geographically distributed team.
- Knowledge or technical background in networking such as WAN, data center, and security.
- Willingness to drive SE development and mentorship.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong business insight and motivation to develop partnership with prospects, partners, and internal teams.
- Knowledge of sales and analytic tools such as SFDC, PowerBI
- Ability to relate to a variety of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the industry.
This position is eligible for the JoinSDDC referral campaign
You will engage a multi-functional team daily which includes Sales Manager, Solution Architect, Product Managers, as well as appropriate people from VMware clients and partners. These include, but are not limited to Account Executives, Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub