Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Revenue Assurance Manager
Reporting To: Senior Revenue Manager, EMEA & APJ
The VMware International Deal Assurance Team (DAT) is seeking a highly motivated Revenue Manager for a position reporting to the Senior Revenue Manager. Specific responsibilities will include the day to day management of a team of revenue analysts, Revenue Forecasting, Review of orders over a specific threshold to ensure compliance under the New Revenue Standard ASC606, provide revenue guidance and support to the Deal Management Teams, analysis reviews, Monthly & Quarterly Reporting reviews, Fair Value (SSP) analysis and SOX Compliance.
- Manage and Support the Deal Assurance Team in the provision of bi-weekly and weekly requests to the Revenue Forecasting team as required
- Post Booking Secondary Review of License Agreements and associated documentation to ensure revenue compliance and correct booking in Oracle
- Provide Revenue guidance and support to the Deal Management Teams (DMT) and the Professional Services Organization (PSO ) to avoid potential revenue recognition issues and ensure compliance with internal revenue policies
- Provide revenue recognition training to DMT , PSO, Sales and other support functions on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that requests sent to the shared mailbox are actioned on a timely basis
- Review of monthly / quarterly schedules for internal and external reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with Revenue SOX Controls
- Execute ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and automating manual processes where possible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in a Finance Department of a Multi-National Environment or large practice background
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts.
- Knowledge of ASC 605, ASC 606, SOP 81-1, and other accounting rules relating to software and services revenue recognition
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to peers and senior management
- Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills, Preferred: Oracle system experience
- Mandarin an advantage
- Planning and Organizing
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Delegating Responsibility
Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Coaching - Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Leading Teams
Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Active Learning - Demonstrating passion for new information, knowledge, and experiences; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying new information.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Developing Others
Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.