Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Graduate - Sales Finance Analyst - Asia Pacific Japan
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT.
About the team
You will be part of the Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) Sales Finance team. One of our key responsibilities is to business partner with the sales teams to define short & long-term financial strategy, financial operating priorities and highlight any risks to the business by providing business analytics and insights to drive business growth.
Overview of The Role
The Sales Finance Analyst will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance, APJ and will be part of the Finance andAccounting team. He/She will need to collaborate closely with the team members to assist in financial forecasting processes including quarter end activities, business analysis & modeling and have an opportunity to support a variety of projects and tasks including E:B optimization and Travel Analytics projects.
You will get to explore:
- Perform in-depth, complex analysis to support the business and drive strategic decisions
- Utilize BI systems to create standardized templates for business reporting and analytics
- Use financial analysis techniques and concepts to provide practical adviceto business units.
- Analyze travel data across APJ; generate key metrics and reports to provide insights into travel spend
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to provide process improvement recommendations
- Querying and analyzing large data sets to identify trends, transaction patterns and anomalies to identify areas of growth and/or investment
- Creating statistical reports, on-demand query reports or dashboards that add value to internal stakeholders.
- Prepare scenarios based on business plans
- Participate in cross-functional project(s)
It would be great if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Data Analytics, Finance, or related courses
- Strong analytical, statistical analysis and scenario planning skills
- Highly organized, excellent problem solver, strong attention to details and strong time management skills
- Strong written, verbal and communication skillsand ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Proficient in MS-Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI will be a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as part of a team
- Willing to learn and accept complex tasks with ‘can do’ attitude
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.