Intern - Professional Services - Technical Account Manager (Singapore)
Singapore, SingaporeApply Now
Start Date: Jan 2020
Language Required: English
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership ofthe best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our newgraduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales andServices organization.We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Interns are responsible for:
- Understanding tools and processes made available to Technical Account Manager (TAM), and develop tools and applications to optimize and simplify the business processes.
- Develop standardize SOP document repository based on all best practices shared by TAMs across the region.
- Assist in running TAM special events, collaborating with TAMs to ensure the successful execution of these events.
- The ideal candidate is both task and action-oriented, collaborative, and must have a desire to contribute to VMware’s intent for internal continuous improvements.
Possible projects & deliverables:
- Write programs and scripting based on modern languages, new technologies and architectures.
- Supports a written culture and contributes to TAM technical content repository.
- Develop workflows to automate and/or simplify TAM deliverables
- Takes guidance from internal stakeholders, teammates and leadership where needed.
- Drives high quality output of both self and team for these internal initiatives.
- Fosters a sense of collaboration through activity and presence.
- Reports and manages time with minimal oversight.
- Graduating from B.S., B.A., degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related.
- Ideal candidates will have familiarity with programming/scripting concepts and methodology.
- Willingness to learn, adapt and pick up skills within a short period of time.
Preferred Skills (good to have):
- Some specific technical competencies desired:
- Microsoft Suite of Products - Power BI analytics platform, MS Office O365 Suite of products including MS Word, MS Excel & MS Powerpoint.
- Microsoft and LinuxOperating Systems – Comfortable in both Operating systems, and have some experience practical experience working/scripting in these operating environments.
- Networking & Security – Understand the basic concepts surrounding modern networking and security framework.
- Programming - Our projects require building and extending tooling and projects.
Other requirements to note:
- Penultimate year students or final year/semester students preferred.
- You can serve 5-6 months internship period, starting from Jan 2020.
Find out more
Click to view: VMware Internship
Note: This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub