Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Deal Manager, Deal Management Team APJ
The Deal Management Team (DMT) is a dynamic team established to support standard as well as highly negotiated, unique or strategic software contracts (Enterprise License Agreements) from inception of a sales opportunity to booking. The team will be skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas including deal modelling, revenue recognition and commercial contract structure. The successful candidate will engage with Management to build and promote the DMT model and brand, partner with Sales, Legal and Commercial Solutions to establish best practice aligned with our Corporate DMT initiatives.
- Lead stakeholders in developing strategies on complex deals from structuring to closing. Regularly lead and assist others with complex deal advice and drive solutions.
- Collaborate across all stakeholder groups within VMware to drive deal closure.
- Identify areas of potential impact of revenue recognition and understand implications and be able to articulate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Work to improve the quality of the commercial terms to maximize the deal value to the company.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of tools required, identify system issues, and raise awareness to solve them.
- Demonstrate general understanding of products/services, their product family, and bundle components. Proactively identify inconsistencies in structuring and coach Sales accordingly.
- Identify when deviation from standard process is necessary. Proactively offer suggestions and seek guidance to achieve resolution. Understand potential risks to VMware.
- Understand customer requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Manage customer contracts from initial draft to closure within established company guidelines. Draft contract language to capture business intent. Effectively partner with stakeholders and participate in negotiations to influence desired outcomes.
- Flexibility to travel if required
- Experience in working in a diverse, Multicultural Organization
- Experience in working with or in IT Multinational organizations, Telecoms or Sourcing/Procurement
- Leadership skills with business acumen
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement whilst juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional working proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Commerce, Finance, Law or related discipline.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.