Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Senior Technical Program Manager
Shanghai, ChinaApply Now
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
In this role you will be leading high quality product releases, coordinate with directors, product managers, technical support, development and QA engineers to assist planning and ensure high customer satisfaction. You will work on cross-functional readiness, software development life cycle process, risk management, schedule, deliverables, change management and risk management.
- Lead the success of key Software releases at VMware. Be the credible and trusted leader to deliver these SW releases to customers on plan and with high quality
- Drive the planning and execution of releases from concept to GA. Lead a delivery team of Product Managers, Engineering, QE and other functional teams to deliver throughout all the release phases.
- Build and run, with the team, the release master plan (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.). Use your technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution.
- Be the expert on release life cycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics and high quality standards with your delivery team
- Independently and accurately report on the state of your release to executive stakeholders. Be the trusted speaker on the state of release in key checkpoint reviews
- Take your release deliverables Live after driving legal compliance and launch activities.
- Coach other Program Managers to maintain consistently high standards of communication, productivity and teamwork across all Program Managers
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience running software engineering and project/program development management. Practical experience in Agile methodologies and in running cloud-based projects are a plus
- Practical experience program-managing Software-As-a-Service products and cloud-based services. Solid knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps practices
- Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals (software development life cycle and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, deliverables, change and risk management, and mitigation)
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Exceptional skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment. Ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in as dynamic environment and drive change across VMware engineering groups.
- Strong software engineering technical background with a passion for delivering high performance, quality software.
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.