Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in General and Administrative
General and Administrative
Senior Admin AssistantJob ID R1904153 Date posted 04/03/2019
Position: Senior Admin/Ops Assistant
VMware China R&D Center has more than 700 employees and is one of the top global VMware R&D centers around the world. Founded in Beijing in 2007 with a Shanghai office in 2011, it engages in the development of VMware’s core products including the software-defined data center, hybrid cloud, and end user computing. Through disruptive innovation, local talent cultivation, and cooperation with local partners in cutting-edge technologies and solutions for the Asia-Pacific market, VMware China R&D Center makes the commitment to global and local talent in China, Innovation for China, Go-To-Market with Chinese partners to foster fast growth of the local market demands, and facilitates Chinese customer’s journey to the cloud era.
- Team lead for Shanghai administrators, provide guidance, assign work, and develop skills.
- Manage multiple programs and projects end to end with little to no supervision/guidance including scheduling, logistics like budgeting, and alignment with the leadership team on goals, KPIs, and desired outcomes.
- Engage, collaborate, and align with senior leadership both local and global.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like finance, IT, HR, real-estate, Legal, Procurement, etc.
- Manage interaction with external vendors, partners, universities, and technical communities.
- Be a part of the site’s strategic growth and evolution in terms of employee satisfaction, facility enhancement, and various operational aspects for a site.
- Present or host both internal and external events.
- Manage executive visits to China.
- Manage calendar, expenses, travel, etc for senior leaders.
- 5+ years of senior administrative experience in a multi-national corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Fluent in English & Mandarin both spoken and written.
- Strong experience managing calendars for senior leaders.
- Experienced managing expense reports and purchase requisitions.
- Experienced with travel arrangement, travel documentation, and like procedures.
- High proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/programs under high pressure.
- Extreme attention to detail and absolute timeliness on execution and response time.
- Ability to get things done efficiently and effectively.
- Impeccable coordination skill.
- Experience with project/program management and event support
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to react to changing circumstances.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.