Systems Engineer EUC
Seoul, South KoreaApply Now
The Systems Engineer is dedicated to the success of the VMware business plans pivotal from the technical perspective in developing overall business strategies, plans, and implementation approaches for the engagement, enablement, market execution, and delivery of the VMware solutions (EUC) and capabilities that involve VMware products and services.
The SE drives and supports partners and customers to develop virtualization solutions linking technology, data and applications to current and future business needs, using recognized IT architectural practices (e.g. Enterprise Architecture). The SE needs to assist the partners and customers during initial delivery of, assisting in developing go-to-market plans, training and enablement and support partner, and direct sales efforts.
The SE must be able to understand each customer’s business and be able to map the technical requirements to the appropriate VMware solutions; perform the technical “sale” of the solution and provide proof points of the technology. The SE will perform and support tasks such as technical sales calls, presentations, proof-of-concepts, capacity planning and technical ROI models. The SE needs to be an excellent communicator with both business and technical people, be able to work independently and understand the sales process. The SE will assist the customer to understand VMware technology, its impact on their business and the benefits that can be realized. In conjunction with this the VMware SE, will need to be able to work with Partners in the closing of opportunities, focusing on increase the partners capabilities and success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Technical competency in specific products (including services offerings)
• Technical validation assistance
• Conduct solution demonstrations to overcome objections
• Assist with Business Unit feedback and product escalations
• Support VMware Sales as a technical Pre-Sales resource
• Engage and provide remote support for Channel Partners where appropriate
• Drive the adoption of VMware Workspace One within accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
• Provide technical and product expertise to VMware's clients
• Support and Escalation Engagement
• Participate in customer and team relationship building
• Understanding of desktop and server operating systems software, performance and debugging tools and scripting and automation
• Microsoft Domain Management, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory Services (AD)
• Desktop Virtualization
• Microsoft Terminal Services, App Virtualization & Desktop Virtualization
• Hardware Image Management and Microsoft Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) • Application Virtualization and Streaming technologies
• Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP services, routing and remote protocols (VPN, WAN Optimization, Remote Logon)
• Server and Endpoint Security experience (Symantec, McAfee, Checkpoint, Symantec etc)
• L100 understanding of MAM and MDM technologies
• Knowledge of server based virtualization an advantage
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the Windows environment, distribution technology, and end-user tools in an enterprise desktop environment or equivalent desktop experience
• Understanding of desktop packaging, distribution and provisioning technologies
• Knowledge of end point security, remediation, and imaging
• Knowledge of mobile operating systems; IOS and Android
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Must be flexible, dependable, and capable and desirous of multi-tasking and quickly learn new products and technologies
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub