The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are committed to satisfaction and success of the customer and their (enter specific product portfolio) strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning (enter specific product portfolio).
You are a specialist passionate about infrastructure virtualization with a foundational understanding of networking or storage virtualization, cloud automation, business critical and cloud-native applications, data center operations, end-user computing or public cloud.
As a VMware Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of standard methodologies for our customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
Learn more about VMware Professional Services:VMware Professional Services
- Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers
- Excellent user documentation skills
- Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners
- Ability to speak and present to technical audiences
- Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- At least several years’ experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Experience with desktop virtualization (Horizon View, Citrix desktop, Altiris)
- Good background in Windows and Linux systems administration
- Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet, FCoE) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor.
- VMware Certified Professional in Data Center Virtualization, Network Virtualization or Cloud Management & Automation (Strongly preferred)
- Proficient in Portuguese and Advanced English.
VMware is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub