Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Staff Solution Engineer - NSX- Healthcare-VA/MD/DCJob ID R1903747-3 Date posted 04/17/2019
The Charter of the VMware Network Virtualization & Security Business Unit (NSBU) Solution Engineering Organization is dedicated Pre-Sales specialists driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation network virtualization and security platform, VMware NSX. The team will work directly with NSBU Product Management & Engineering, the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware NSX in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware NSX Solution Engineer, you are responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. You will be focused on selling selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security to healthcare accounts in the region.
Location: This is a home office based position and will require travel.
If you think this is a good match for you, please read on and apply today! We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Present VMware NSX vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures
- 5+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise and service provider environments
- Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer
- Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud Automation Center (vCAC), vCloud Director (vCD)
- Understand Datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
- Ability to communicate with Network Architects and other members of the team
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management
- Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- We look for individuals who have integrity and share our EPIC2* values (see below)
- You would be a great fit if you are independent, yet have a huge desire to give back to your team
- Being Passionate about technology and its impact on customers is important
- You will be successful if you are competitive by nature
- A high level of social intelligence will help you see the political dynamics of any customer situation
*VMware is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.