Sr Solutions Engineer, vSAN/HCI - Federal (Intelligence Community)
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
If you are an experienced Solutions Engineer (SE) with strong storage and virtualization experience and if you are looking to take your career to the next level, please read on:
This is an excellent opportunity to work in Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) team focusing on vSAN/HCI (Hyper-converged Infrastructure). At VMware we are looking to hire a Solutions Engineer who has Pre-Sales experience, but also understands the job duties and role for Post-Sales.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a Pre-Sales Senior Solutions Engineer at VMware, you will be the primary technical resource for the field sales-force. Our Pre-Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. At times the SE leads the sales campaign by interacting with the customer to understand their challenges, performing an assessment of their current environment, designing a solution and presenting it.
This is a customer facing position. Your role would include being involved in first calls, meetings, presenting technical material (whiteboard, demos), qualifying and quantifying sales opportunities, PoC's, documentation, and installs. In this position, you are expected to help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical expert in the room. You will establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This position may require you to be hands on at times, so apart from having excellent communication and presentation skills, having a broad technical background and an attitude and aptitude to learn new technologies is a must.
Additional responsibilities will include mentoring and enabling Field and Channels employees located in a variety of locations.
- Strong presentation skills as well as ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation, respond to RFPs, and submit professional reports
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- An ability to persuade and influence senior enterprise IT Architects and C-level executives
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles by being creative and adaptive
- Experience in a presales role
- TS/SCI clearance required (TS/SCI w poly preferred)
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion and teamwork above isolationism. We all strive to be respectful, have integrity and good-natured fun.
- 5+ years of experience in a Pre-sales role, ideally supporting DoD/Federal customers
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions a plus
- Experience with server virtualization software
- Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, networking problems a plus
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN/NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly high-reaching environment.
- BA/BS degree or higher.
Anticipated Travel: 30%-50%
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub