Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Sr. Consultant, Federal
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of best practices got customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
• Independently conduct enterprise engagements with customers
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
• Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
• Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
• 8+ years of relevant experience, including customer-facing experience with Federal customers and IT consulting experience with Federal Intelligence Community customers highly desired
• Strong technical knowledge of VMware products: vSphere, vRealize Suite, vRA, vRO, vCenter, and/or vCenter Operations Manager (vROPS)
• VCP 6 a strong plus
• Experience with current software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
• 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
• Understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, etc.)
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
** Active TS/SCI with CI poly required and the ability to travel 50%-75%
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.