Solutions Engineer, End User Computing
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
Due to the tremendous success we have enjoyed, exciting opportunities exist within our Solution Engineering organization for Pre-Sales Solution Engineers (SE). This position represents an opportunity to join our vibrant company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape as part of the End User Computing (EUC) SE Team.
The VMware EUC SE plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to achieve our revenue goals. The EUC SE works very closely with Sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned “named” accounts. The SE is a high-impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software & solutions and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- You have been in the high tech industry for 8 or more years in a Pre-sales or customer-facing consulting capacity.
- Throughout your career you have gathered significant industry knowledge and experience in areas such as Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Hyper converged Infrastructure (HCI), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and infrastructure security, but what really sets you apart is your expertise in enterprise applications, systems security, cloud or systems management, and business continuity is really what sets you apart.
- You have expertise in one or more of the following: Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Workflows, Virtual Desktops (VDI), Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and Identity solutions and architecture.
- Your strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with your listening and questions-based selling skills help you see the “big picture” and develop innovative solutions to your customer’s challenges.
- You will travel at least 25% of the time
- Your BA/BS degree or equivalent give you the skills to continually learn
- You have already achieved a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation or demonstrate the ability to achieve this certification.
- The EUC SE works hand-in-hand with the VMware and Dell Technologies Field Sales teams to develop and deliver customer solutions
- The EUC SE seeks to build long-term customer business relationships, effectively becoming a trusted adviser across to your customer. The EUC SE is a trusted advisor and ideally positioned to understand the customer's high-level business objectives and match these to VMware solutions to satisfy the business & technical requirements.
- The EUC SE is comfortable presenting VMware’s value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels; including executives, technical management, and technical engineers Everyone is responsible for pipeline growth. A great EUC SE always seek to identify new customer opportunity or demand for VMware solutions in your named accounts, as well as participate in demand generating events and activities. EUC SEs track these opportunities in Salesforce.com
- Once an opportunity is identified, the EUC SE is a critical member in developing the opportunity and moving it towards closure. Typical activities include building high-level design and architecture drawings, technically validating the solution with the customer, leading any demonstration or Proof of Concept (PoC) trial activities, assisting with the preparation of the formal proposal, and helping the Account Executive develop business cases and ROI/TCO justifications required to get internal and external stakeholder support to drive business forward
- EUC SEs constantly seek to expand their technical expertise and knowledge of VMware technologies, industry direction and trends, and competitor’s solutions via enablement and internal training offerings
- As a group, SEs communicate and collaborate with your peers and colleagues on trends, product feedback, customer success, etc.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub