Senior Solutions Architect-DoD-System Integrators-VA-MD-DC
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
Senior Solutions Architect – DoD and SI (System Integrator)
This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements
At VMware, we currently have a phenomenal opportunity for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our team in the Federal space supporting our System Integrator and Department of Defense Customers. Must be a go-getter who can take ownership of strategic opportunities and lead our best account teams and most significant customers to greatness. CxO experience, personality, and cross-portfolio confidence required. If you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you!
Check out Forbes and Glassdoor, VMware is a dynamic and innovative company and a great place to work. As the world’s leading hybrid cloud software vendor, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as advancement opportunities.
As a Senior Solutions Architect - DoD and SI on VMware’s Government, Education, and Healthcare (GEH) sales team, you will provide technical leadership for key strategic program opportunities and initiatives in all branches of the US Military and Federal System Integrator Community. You will own your business and lead collaboration, development, review, and implementation of outcome-focused and program-specific strategies and solutions. You will execute Solutions Workshops with our most strategic customers. You will provide strategy and architectural leadership on Strategic Pursuit and Capture efforts. You will gather requirements to help define a “to-be” state for your Customer. You will differentiate yourself among the sales beehive and drive more strategic engagement with VMware customers.
In this strategic role, you will harness your extensive domain expertise, engineering, and architecture skills to accelerate customer outcomes based on VMware’s and other Commercial Cloud solutions (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform). You will align Federal IT Enterprise requirements with solutions that resonate with our DoD customers and key SI partners. You will create a vision match, based on mutually agreed-upon outcomes and will ensure that the proper capabilities are presented and delivered.
Building a solution may include activities such as executing workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, leading account planning, and coordination with specialists and product managers. You'll take data gathered from these activities then design the solution to realize the vision. Once the design is accepted, you will help support and lead the development of the solution.
In the SA role, you will be acting as a lead technologist and expected to have a broad understanding of technology. To be successful, you will need domain level understanding across the following areas from a broad architecture standpoint:
Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security) Platforms (Application Development, Application Design, SDLC, Java, UI, Spring, IDE’s, SOA) Desktop (Desktops Architecture, Thin/Zero Clients, Desktop Management, Desktop Design) Management (Datacenter Management, Application Management, Desktop Management) Cloud Computing (Public, Private, Hybrid, Cross-Cloud Management, Cloud Connectivity)
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the Technical Strategy and Solution for specific opportunities and initiatives.
- Conduct Solutions Workshops with Customer Stakeholders to drive an understanding of the “As-Is” and through your experiences develop a “To-Be” architecture
- Document the results of Solutions Workshops and effectively communicate a playback to the Customer
- Understand VMware’s customer IT environment and requirements and how to align VMware’s technical value proposition.
- Coordinate the technical solution with potential partners, VARS, or Federal System integrators.
- Coordinate and constitute the requisite technical resources per opportunity or initiative (matrix environment).
- Participate in developing overall program specific Capture schedule.
- Participate in the identification, qualification, and prioritization of an opportunity pipeline
- Contribute to the authoring of technical proposals, including technical volumes in support of VMware's Pursuit & Capture Organization.
- Strong collaboration with the core sales and pre-sales engineering teams, service sales organization and specialist sales and engineering teams throughout opportunities and in development stages
- 8 to 12 years of Information Technology experience in the US Public Sector.
- 10+ years of design, implementation, consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, and networking
- Five years working as a Systems Engineer or Solution Architect (software company or federal systems integrator preferred)
- A Bachelor Sciences Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
To qualify you must currently hold (or be able to obtain) a US Government Top Secret Clearance or higher.
- Advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Professional experience building out solutions with VMware technologies and cloud-based technologies (e.g., AWS)
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort at communicating effectively to an executive audience or large audiences
- Knowledge of application, management, virtualization, As-a-Service, and orchestration software layers is a PLUS
- Advanced certifications (Examples include: ITIL, CISSP, VCP, VCDX) preferred.
- Strong written skills
VMware is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic, and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities, where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their terms. If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub