Senior Solution Engineer-Federal/Civilian-VA/MD/DC
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
At VMware, we currently have a phenomenal opportunity within our Sales Engineering organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (SE) to join our team in the DC/MD/VA area.
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and help shape with future of business in a digital world? If so, we would love to hear from you!
VMware is a dynamic and innovative company and a great place to work. We offer competitive compensation and benefit package as well as advancement opportunities.
As a VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. As an SE you will work closely with sales and extended teams to build business relationships and align with customers’ outcomes. As an SE your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
Location: This is a home office-based position in the VA/MD/DC area and will require travel.
*This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
**This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Field Sales team and partners to collaborate on customer solutions.
- Understand the customer's high-level business objectives, and match VMware, and Other Partner solutions as necessary to achieve customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser for customers across all lines of business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of the customer business/mission and take the initiative in creating solutions that address customer business/mission needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Present VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to partners and customer roles including executives, technical management, and technical engineers
- Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution, and build high-level drawings
- Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating events and activities
- Provide consistent field reporting, and data input via Salesforce.com
- 8 or more years of experience in the field of information technology.
- Pre-sales or customer-facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Experience in the Public Sector markets (Federal Healthcare, HHS, CMS,FDA,CDC).
- Ability to comprehend and stay current in the latest VMware technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to partners as required to drive business forward.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- Experience with IT consolidation and technology integration projects which include VMware technology and 3rd party API integration, preferably with VMware technology.
- BA/BS in a technical field of study (Computer Science)
- US Citizenship is required
- VMware certification including VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience preferred.
- Software development experience a plus.
- Master’s Degree in a technical field a plus.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub