Senior Product Line Manager- Government
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
As the Government Product Manager for VMware Cloud on AWS, you will be responsible for ensuring the service goes beyond our customer's expectations. In this role, you will be leading the effort to evolve our platform to meet the future of Government including GovCloud, FedRAMP, and related areas.
You will work closely with Product Development, Product Security, Information Security, Customer Support, Account Management, IT, Customer Experience, Security, and Legal to develop the systems necessary to provide a solution that is built on the highest level of trust that our customers have come to depend on from VMware.
You will be responsible for driving the vision and requirements necessary and to translate them into functional specifications, facilitate a sound design and deliver a great experience for our customers.
Your objectives will be directly linked to metrics such as achieving and maintaining certifications, customer and field feedback, security incidents and handling, and overall security of the service.
- Define the strategy for privacy, security and compliance enhancements for our service.
- Build the prioritized roadmap in partnership with the business, leveraging industry best practices and new innovations.
- Ability to translate general controls and policy related to security and privacy into actionable product and process requirements
- Prioritize and manage the backlog for effective release, sprint planning and continuously improve our products, services, policies, procedures and technology from a security & compliance standpoint
- Conduct assessments and work closely with the Compliance team(s), Engineering, IT, HR, Legal, Privacy and internal teams to address risks.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of market and regulatory requirements including FedRAMP, IL4, IL5, ISO 27001, SOC, PCI, etc. to ensure products stay ahead of the curve on regulations, security technologies and processes.
- Write security whitepapers outlining how VMware Cloud on AWS can be used in US Government across all areas
- Engage in the investigation and troubleshooting of security issues to determine root cause and drive solutions.
- Oversee the procurement and implementation of key technologies, Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) solution such as RSA Archer/ ZenGRC or Allgress
- Develop enterprise education and communication plans.
- Represent VMware as the security and compliance service expert with at conferences and with customers, field representatives, executives, industry experts/analysts, partners and auditors
- Work directly as Primary Point of contact with Privacy and Legal team on GDPR related activities
- Manage compliance related budget and forecasting and ensure its completed in a timely manner
- Provides regular monthly/quarterly reporting to the Senior Management and Executive Leadership about the Compliance (Federal/Commercial) updates for the Solution
- Serve as an Integral member of the solution delivery team while collaborating with Product Development, Product Security, Information Security, Customer Support, Account Management, IT, Customer Experience, Security, and Legal to develop a large-scale, enterprise & Federally certified solution
- Oversee Policy/Procedure documentation creation and update in accordance with the compliance standards
- Manage monthly security audits and progress reporting as part of the Continuous Monitoring to the compliance organizations
- Work as a liaison for the inter-company deliverables with Auditors, Customers, and compliance organizations
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- 8+ years of experience in a Product Management, Security Engineering and Operations, or Compliance
- Solid hands-on technical background particularly in managing highly complex, multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring and management.
- Prior privacy and compliance experience with knowledge of regulations, FedRAMP, IL4, IL5, ISO 27001, SOC, PCI, etc.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, with experience in creation of formal, structured documentation and crafting new procedures and processes
- Strong leadership skills capable of working well in cross-functional teams and excellent at motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
- Consulting, facilitation, and design thinking skills
- Project or Program management experience
- Direct experience in delivering a product using iterative or Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM), including modeling experience using task/storyboards, user stories or use cases, etc.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub