Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Legal
Become a trusted advisor, who gives innovative and strategic legal advice to VMware’s global operations. Our integrity-driven legal team upholds the highest standards of business and professional conduct while helping us achieve our goals.
Senior Associate Corporate CounselJob ID R1903138-1 Date posted 03/05/2019
VMware streamlines the journey for organizations to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and empower employees to do their best work. Our software spans compute, cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is looking for a top-rate attorney to join its Commercial Legal Group to support our US Professional Services business focused on the public sector. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA, Reston, VA, or Boston, MA. Our legal department is full of legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front. We love to add attorneys who maintain the highest business and professional standards and who aren’t afraid to bring their true selves to work each day.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements with public sector customers, primarily for professional information technology services and occasionally for software licensing and cloud services.
- Counsel and advise business clients and legal colleagues in areas related to public sector entities procuring professional services for information technology.
- You will assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company, driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to sales and service delivery professionals and coordinating with other groups within the VMware Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and public sector industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
- 5+ years of transactional legal experience with a big law firm and/or in-house (e.g., global enterprise company; a large systems integrator or consulting company; or the IT department or equivalent for a government agency or other public sector entity)
- Experience with government contracts.
- Experience with commercial information technology transactions and/or agreements for professional services related to information technology.
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- You are a practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things down.
- You have strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- You are honest and nice.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Member of a State Bar and in good standing.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Candidates with state and local government procurement experience will stand out.
H1B sponsorship is not available for this position
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.