Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Manager, Solution Engineering DoD
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
Are you a seasoned leader hoping to apply your experience to the next exciting frontier in technology sales?
Now is the time to join the most exciting company in Cloud and Digital Workspace.
Please note: to qualify you must be a U.S. Citizen with Department of Defense Security Clearance.
At VMware we help our customers achieve digital transformation with a comprehensive portfolio of integrated solutions. The platform is comprised of a wide range of products and services; covering many of the capabilities required by exceptional IT operators and developers. VMware earns its seat at the table because of this broad set of capabilities, and IT executives can’t help but pay attention to the innovations that VMware brings.
Essential to our customer’s success is the role of the Solution Engineering (SE) leader. As an SE Manager focused on the Federal/Department of Defense sector, you will ensure proper development of the SEs across VMware technologies, domain and market expertise, and salesmanship. You will lead with credibility, ensuring that you are also fully developed across these categories. You will be highly engaged with customers yourself, helping to articulate VMware’s strategy at a higher level than your direct reports. You will support the company’s strategy, encouraging your team to execute the mission as it pertains to their function. And finally, you will craft a strong franchise with the sales leaders you map to, running the business as though you are executive leaders of a small company.
At VMware, we have the right strategy at the right time. We're a highly profitable company; increasingly rare among our peers. We benefit from insightful leadership that will carry us well into the future. We consistently place in Forbes' Best 100 Companies to Work For. We have a strong culture of diversity and inclusion, and we'd love for you to be at VMware too.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- In this role you will work tightly with assigned sales leaders to identify “line-of-sight” to the annual plan. The region plan should incorporate all dimensions of the business, including how to overachieve the target, customer whitespace to pursue, how partners and ecosystem are leveraged, marketing, networking through industry associations, etc.
- It is important to stay up to date on current events and be a student of the industry and culture.
- You will assist in delivering compelling executive briefings.
- We will depend on you to articulate the ways VMware solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors.
- You will engage in training and mentoring sales peers.
- As Manager, Solution Engineering you will be responsible for the performance and development of your direct reports.
- You will assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities by providing critical oversight of those directly engaged.
- We look for leaders who are close to their teams and help them celebrate key wins.
- In this role, you are expected to maintain appropriate knowledge in assigned technology on an ongoing basis. Never languish in personal development.
- As part of your responsibilities, you will map identified customer business requirements to probable VMware solutions. Recommend 3rd party integrations as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Experience in Federal Government market and with the Department of Defense, Navy preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of successful sales engineering experience in IT domains. Examples include systems virtualization, SDDC, cloud, network security, mobile management, DevOps, SAN, etc.
- Certifications such as TOGAF, ITIL, Agile CSM or CSPO strongly preferred but not required.
- Presentation-ready knowledge of several VMware or competitor solutions.
- Willingness to drive SE development and mentorship.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong business insight and motivated to develop partnership.
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to relate to a variety of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the industry.
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Read more about these values on our website. https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.