Inside Sales Manager-Federal-Virginia
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments. With VMware solutions, organizations are improving business agility by modernizing Datacenters and integrating public clouds, driving innovation with modern apps, creating exceptional experiences by empowering the digital workspace, and safeguarding customer trust by transforming security. VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses.
Location and Travel: This position will be based in our Reston, VA office and will require up to 25% travel.
(VMware Inside Sales Team is based out of Austin, Texas, and has satellite sites in both Atlanta, Georgia and Reston, Virginia.)
As the Inside Sales Manager (ISM) you will be responsible for building and managing a team of Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) for their specific portfolio.
The ISRs are accountable for meeting and exceeding a sales quota by excelling at critical success factors, including outbound calls, opportunity identification, pipeline maturation, and up-sell/cross-sell. They are expected to be trusted advisors on the topic of cloud computing and services and VMware’s portfolio of Cloud Management offerings.
You will report to a Director within the Sales Organization and will generally split your time 50/50 between developing the team and customer interfacing calls.
You will be an excellent fit for this Inside Sales Manager role if you are active in the following three areas:
- The Inside Sales Manager will possess strong leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to develop an effective sales strategy to ensure both short- and long-term goals are achieved. You will be able to build a positive, fun place to work in a dynamic, demanding startup-like environment.
- The Inside Sales Manager will recruit, hire, develop, and lead a specialized sales team. In this role, you will become a professional on the services portfolio and will be responsible for hands-on training for the ISRs (live training, role-playing, call monitoring, and joint selling). As the ISM, you will also work collaboratively with other VMware teams to drive significant cross-sell, up-sell opportunities.
- In this role, you will track daily, weekly, and monthly activity metrics on your team to ensure the ISRs are always spending their time on the highest value actions. The Inside Sales Manager will understand VMware’s urgency and execution for success every 90 days.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales goals by hiring, organizing and directing quota-carrying inside sales personnel
- Collaborate with the field management team on coverage of accounts
- Identify and establish effective recruiting solutions
- Develop and retain an inside sales team of professionals who consistently achieve their quota while delivering customer satisfaction that ensures consistent repeat business
- Conduct weekly or bimonthly 1:1s to monitor progress, provide feedback and address Inside Sales issues/concerns
- Day-to-day management of the human resource aspects of the role that include: supervising, mentoring and counseling, performance appraisal, providing performance improvement/educational opportunities (including on-the-job-training); and, when needed, applying dynamic discipline and termination
- Create and implement Inside Sales career development plans
- Conduct quarterly self-assigned initiatives/projects that benefit the overall organization
- Organize and conduct quarterly Inside Sales team events
- Work in conjunction with the company designated training resources to ensure appropriate tools and learning opportunities are provided to your team
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing organization to develop a lead generating, fulfillment and tracking mechanisms that drive new opportunity and understanding of the designated market
- Create and direct effective reactive and dedicated programs for inside sales
- Thorough understanding of the Federal budget and sales cycle
- 5+ years working knowledge of the Federal marketplace, individually, significant customers, distributors, resellers, system integrators, vendors, etc.
- Awareness of major Federal contracts, buying vehicles, and programs
- 7+ years in a quota-carrying sales role with proven achievement in meeting sales quota
- Ability to establish and nurture secure internal/customer/channel-focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix led environment
- Excellent ability to forecast, set goals and objectives, and monitor sales activity
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent job related experience.
You will be the most active applicant for this role if you have a track record of success in accelerating sales results, motivating change, and leading with passion within an Inside Sales organization. We are searching for a validated leader who has poise, dedication, thoughtfulness, and genuine care for individuals and VMware.
We also look for individuals who share our EPIC2 values. (Read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware).
*This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub