Federal Territory Partner Manager
Reston, Virginia - USApply Now Job ID R1911072
Territory Partner Business Manager, Federal (Civilian and Federal Healthcare Accounts)
The Federal partner sales team is aligned to the Federal sales organization and is responsible for managing and growing VMware’s partner ecosystem. The Territory Partner Business Manager is assigned to a specific geography and/or segment and is responsible for the relationship with partners. As a Territory PBM, your main goal is to achieve revenue targets through your partners. This dynamic field-based role develops and implements selling strategies for VMware products and services through VMware channel partners, thereby growing the sales team’s revenue. You will build sustainable business practices and foster strategic relationships across VMware and partner business organizations through the development and execution of strategic partner business plans. A successful Territory Partner Business Manager will have proven experience in business development and planning and will be a highly motivated teammate.
- Partner identification and growth: Identify, profile and develop key strategic partnerships tailored to partner capability and coverage to drive accretive sales revenue. Drive strategy around partner investment and return on investment. Manage all partner motions, critical issues, and performance. Use internal VMware resources such as marketing, programs, development funds, and assessments in order to grow the selected partner accounts.
- Pipeline development: Support partner contribution to planning activities. Develop go-to-market strategy and activate partners. Utilize forecasting, joint marketing & sales plays, planning resources, and mapping to develop pipeline. Align field and specialist reps with partners. Drive focused pipeline motions including volume-based inside selling and value-based field selling, focusing on advanced technologies including hyper-converged infrastructure and cloud.
- Pipeline acceleration and deployment: Use partner and strategic motions, such as assessments, development funds, ad-hoc programs, to accelerate pipeline. Activate select partners for solution validation, proof of concept, and services opportunities.
- Co-selling engagement: Match partners to large accounts and connecting core sales and partner salespeople on large deals.
- Customer satisfaction: Develop strong VMware knowledge and services capabilities in partners to improve customer experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Pipeline management: Proven proficiency with tools and consistent processes for analyzing, assessing, and forecasting a joint pipeline with partners. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline volume and velocity jointly with partners.
- VMware solution architectural knowledge: Experience developing and understanding high level solution architecture approaches and applying them to partner solution development and GTM scenarios.
- Solution selling: Strong experience in communicating value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs. Demonstrated ability to use different methods (interviews, questionnaires, etc.) to uncover partner and customer solution needs. Knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers’ requirements.
- Co-sell expertise: Strong ability to integrate partner sales, VMware core sales and extended teams to facilitate joint selling efforts.
- Partner management: Minimum 5-8+ years’ experience in sales working with partners. Experience working with solution providers, OEM partners, VAR channels, and distribution in a matrix sales organization leading multi-functional teams.
- Partner focus: Demonstrated commitment and interest in both internal and external partner needs. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions for partner issues and to drive joint VMware and partner business opportunities. Strong demonstrated experience with partner economics, business models, and motivations for partner success.
- Business industry acumen: Strong sales and business insight, expertise in recognizing and acting on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Drive for results: Highly motivated, driven, and has strong business ethics. Proven track record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment including meeting or exceeding revenue goals and working with complex national and global partners and alliances.
- Teamwork/Virtual Team management: Strong ability to build and drive relationships and team orchestration with partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams. Ability to engage, excite, influence, and coordinate both partner resources and direct and indirect VMware resources.
- Executive engagement: Ability to be credible and gain agreement from partner and VMware executives and drive executive relationships. Experience in developing precise, comprehensive executive engagement plans that ensure successful execution of joint business plans and strategies.
- Influencing and negotiation: Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub