Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Federal Civilian Sales Specialist vSAN/HCI
Reston, VirginiaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative vSAN/Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) Sales Specialist in the Federal Civilian region. The Sales Specialist is responsible for selling VMware’s vSAN/HCI products, leveraging an extended team that includes VMware’s core sales force, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly and through channels. This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory. vSAN is a key component of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) strategy. vSAN enables customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required to keep up with modern IT requirements. With our products, virtualization environments are enabled to abstract & simplify storage management, achieving a dramatic increase in performance and cost savings, while automating workflows to accelerate applications and services delivery. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing business within VMware.
- You are responsible for selling the vSAN/HCI product portfolio across your assigned territory
- You will drive account sales strategy for the vSAN/HCI portfolio across your territory and establish sales cadence with core account teams
- You are responsible for moving transactions through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure
- Adopt account portfolio sales enablement and strategy with channel partners
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers, Inside Sales and the channel to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio.
- Prospect new opportunities for vSAN/HCI within your territory
- Match the vSAN/HCI solution to the customer’s mission needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of vSAN/HCI
- Work closely with SEs, Storage Architects, IT Administrators and senior IT executives to successfully move each opportunity through the customer’s evaluation process
- Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our vSAN/HCI value proposition
- 8+ years of experience in related software industry
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SEs, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Experience selling platform products, such as Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN systems, Databases, and other enterprise infrastructure
- Industry expertise in storage, especially experience in selling to virtualization and storage personnel in enterprise IT departments
- Consistent track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- Experience in strategic and value selling, including managing six and seven figure transactions
- Experience winning net new accounts as well as selling into whitespace within existing install base
- Proven experience to penetrate new “green-field” accounts and establish relationships at the senior leadership level or with relevant stakeholders within accounts
- Able to manage a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed simultaneously
- You have a BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job-related experience
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- You have Federal enterprise software company experience
- Do you excel in strategic and value selling? Including managing six and seven figure transactions?
- Have you had success winning net new accounts as well as selling into white space within existing install base?
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.