Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr Manager - Global LogisticsJob ID R1900826-4 Date posted 02/16/2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Sr. Manager of Global Logistics will establish and lead the new VMWare Global Logistics Services capability for hardware-related offerings (eg. appliances). This includes being accountable for all facets of global logistics including, but not limited to, network design and implementation, 3PL partner relationship management, operational performance, and continuous improvement. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis working with stakeholders across a variety of support functions and business units.
The scope of the global logistics activities spans: inbound supply logistics; outbound (Sales) fulfillment; and reverse logistics (RMA, service parts), etc;
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Deliver a global logistics capability that aligns to the go-to-market strategy for VMW hardware offerings. Drive the evaluation and selection of “best in breed” partners across the value chain that can the deliver the capabilities required to meet VMWare’s objectives. Lead the implementation of the global logistics network: network design; implementation of required internal VMW capabilities/systems; onboarding of selected logistics partner. Establish the ongoing VMW support organization; operational metrics; and reporting capabilities necessary to ensure the performance of the VMW global logistics the scope areas identified above. Support the continuing growth of VMW hardware-related offerings by continuous adapting the supply chain consistent with organic global growth, as well as, potential growth in the hardware-related portfolio of products.
This role will regularly collaborate with leaders at all levels of the organization and across a broad range of functional areas. The role will be the primary operational owner of VMWs relationship with global providers. As such, the role will accountable for handling the contractual relationship, operational performance, and continued optimization opportunities with designated partners. The role will participate in overall business planning and innovation and should understand the organization’s supply chain strengths and future capabilities.
- Continuous maintenance/adaption of the global logistics capability.
- Champion a collaborative, problem-solving culture.
- Set departmental goals for meeting scalability and growth needs of the company.
- Develop and maintain logistics/process/procedures documentation.
- Plan and advocate for required budgets, resources and other strategic needs.
- Keep abreast of technological advances and identify areas of use
- Proactively identify and mitigate supply chain risk
- Manage necessary compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Support new product introduction collaboration process to also include processes around EOL, Engineering Change and other ODM/OEM related functions.
- College degree with Masters or MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of logistics/operations experience in high technology companies.
- Experience with negotiating and managing third-party suppliers
- Previous experience driving operating model design/implementation
- Previous experience with global ERP implementations
- Should be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Excellent analytical and problem skills are required
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; effective across all levels of leadership including Executive Staff.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- You have sold solutions in an enterprise level company
The role will be based out of Palo Alto, CA, however will be required to manage third-party staff in global locations. Expected travel for the role is likely to be at least 30%. NOTE: Travel may be heavier during the implementation phase of the supply chain network.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.