Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Technical Program Manager
Pune, IndiaApply Now
Technical ProgramManager – NSX
Do you have a passion for and a track record of working with customers, engineering, and sales to deliver best-in-class software products? Do you love working with a team of high-caliber engineers, business development, and product managers to deliver software innovation and a compelling roadmap?
The Program Management Office in the Networking & Security Business Unit (NSBU) is looking for a Sr. Technical ProgramManager to support complex programs that are critical top priority initiatives for VMware. This candidate will be responsible for building comprehensive execution plans, facilitating delivery of high-priority programs, managing communications throughout and externally to the business unit, and identifying risk and dependencies cross-functionally.
- Drive the success of multiple programs for the VMware networking product - NSX.
- Be the credible and trusted leader to deliver SW releases to customers on plan and with high quality.
- Effectively communicate directly with Partners and be the lead for the coordination/integration efforts.
- Lead the planning and execution of the programs from concept to Go-Live. Lead a team of Product Managers, Engineering, QE and other functional teams to deliver on customer, quality and brand expectations.
- Build and operate, the program plan including schedules, dependencies, risks, etc. Use your Agile SDLC experience, technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues and drive to resolution.
- Be proficient in SDLC/release lifecycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics and high quality standards with your delivery team
- Independently and accurately report on the state of your programs to executive partners and leaders.
- Be the trusted advisor on all aspects of the program during key checkpoint reviews
- Connect your team with the rest of the VMware ecosystem including other VMware products, DevOps, Technical Support, etc.
- Take your program deliverables Live after driving legal compliance and launch activities.
- Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience running software engineering programs in R&D-focused project/program management.
- Networking experience (preferred)
- Practical experience in Agile methodologies including running SaaS projects
- Strong technical acumen. Ability to quickly understand the technical context of the development programs you drive and to actively contribute to technical engineering discussions that might impact the success of these programs
- Unique skills in developing productive working relationships, influencing and delivering results despite high complexity, ambiguity and challenges
- Strong sense of ownership. Engaging to remove program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to make your programs successful
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. (a MUST)
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in as dynamic environment and motivate change across VMware R&D groups
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.