Sr. Member of Technical Staff - CQE Containers scale
Pune, IndiaApply Now
VMware is looking for senior software quality engineers who are passionate about changing the future networking for Containers with the CQE Containers test team. The ideal candidate has a wide variety of software experience in the areas of distributed systems testing, Kubernetes, networking, object oriented programming with Python, virtualisation, and building/automating clouds.
You will be expected to become an expert on the next generation NSX product. In the CQE Containers test team we consider ourselves to be the first customer. This means that we anticipate problems customers will experience before they experience them, and we do this through writing comprehensive end to end test cases. We utilise complex automation to build the test environments and execute the test cases. In addition to testing end to end functionality we also have the opportunity to think creatively, and shape the product’s features and behavior to create a better user experience for the customer.
A strong understanding of quality engineering methodologies, and enterprise software is a must. This is a rewarding position for people who love to problem solve, revel in figuring out complex problems, love debugging, and have a thirst for learning.
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Be a strong advocate of software quality
- Understand customer needs and environments
- Write complex and innovative test cases
- Author feature test plans
- Build complex testing environments from scratch
- Automation to build testbeds, and execute system test cases
- Track test deliverables to product release schedule
- Lead the validation effort of major product features
- Coach and mentor junior engineers
- Continually increase test code efficiency and lower cycle times
- Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
- At least 6 years of experience in software development and quality engineering
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes, OpenShift or any CaaS solution
- Proficient with Object oriented programming in Python
- Networking experience - L2/L3/Load Balancer is a plus
- Virtualisation experience - Installation/Configuration/Administration (KVM and ESX a plus)
- Operating Systems: Deep Linux knowledge - Installation/Configuration/Administration (RHEL and Ubuntu a plus), Windows Server, Windows 7
- Networking troubleshooting / debugging - e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat
- Network protocols: TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6
- Self-sufficient, but knows when to ask for help
- Knowledge of cloud architecture - vCD or Openstack a plus
- SCM: git, gerrit, Perforce, SVN
- Databases: MySQL or similar
- Bug tracking: bugzilla, redmine
Mandatory Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or higher) and equivalent work experience
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub