Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Senior member of Technical Staff
Pune, IndiaApply Now
NSX Product Line, Networking & Security Business Unit
The NSX User Interface R&D team at VMware is looking for a best-in-class, staff level full-stack software engineer, who shares our real passion for innovation and excellence in crafting the best customer experience.
A Staff Engineer is a technical leading role at VMware. In this role, you will be driving the technical architectural discussions, decisions in planning, executing, and provisioning for NSX UX/UI engineering initiatives. Additionally, you will need to have working knowledge in user interface engineering, user centered design, and cloud application architectures, technologies. As a leader and system designer, you help define and drive the future NSX user experience. You will apply your experience and real passion for UI engineering to guide design processes, and own the delivery of the best-in-class network virtualization software platform. You will collaborate with leaders of engineering teams to continuously push forward NSX quality. We want you to operate as a member of a start-up with all the perks of a public company.
- Drive in the design, development, document of client-side architecture initiatives and product feature development life cycles
- Drive the process of developing user models, crafting and prototyping user interfaces
- Build simple-to-use interfaces for a complex Network & Security virtualization platform, applying new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns.
- Collaborate with UX Designers, Product Managers, Technical Architects, and multi-functional product teams to optimize the designs and delight our users.
- Strongly practice a culture, discipline of delivering high quality product and promote the values of unit tests, integration tests and CI/CD automation
- Lead team through solving customer reported problems, ensuring resolutions meet service level agreements
- Advocate for usability and quality of our products
- Mentor, strengthen a team of high-performing engineers through technical ownership of NSX-T UI feature sets, from design, development, to maintenance, and customer deployment support
- Be an innovator and coach others to innovate
- 10+ years of experience
- Possess expert level in UI design and public API design for large scale software system
- Strong sense of product usability; be a user advocate
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Have previous successes with leading projects that involves dozens of people of multiple multi-functional teams
- Able to quickly identify risks, recommend avoidances, and handle known risks
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
- Virtualization technologies, centralized management for distributed systems are huge plus
- Have formal degree in computer science or equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.