Product Line Manager
Pune, IndiaApply Now
VMware is a pioneer of the Software-Defined Data Center and we are now investing in bringing the Operational Excellence of Public Cloud Data Center Networks to the Enterprise Private Cloud.
To achieve this, VMware has a world-class product management organization and is looking to expand the team. As a Product Manager for Security, for NSX the product line, you will be responsible for developing and driving products to build world-class endpoint detection and prevention technologies for data centers. As part of the NSX product platform, you will be interacting with cross-functional teams and partners and customers across geographies
VMware is redefining how enterprises are looking at security. You will be involved with the development of features for endpoint detection to help our customers and our vendors to deploy agentless-based security controls inside the workloads of the datacenter. You will be involved in all stages of the product life cycle – conception, definition, development, release, and, post-release activities. You will work closely with R&D teams as well as product managers across our broader team.
- Translate customer business needs into product strategy and technology requirements as part of market and product requirements
- Develop, Lead and communicate product roadmap to customers, prospects and all internal key team members
- Drive Engineering teams and deliver high-quality products
- Work with the product marketing team to develop go-to-market strategies and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- BS/BTech/BEngg/MS/MTech in a technical field.
- 3 - 5 years of Product Management Experience
- Expertise in one or more areas preferred: Cloud Security, Antivirus, EDR, Vulnerability Management, HIDS/HIPS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-member and able to lead and give support to cross-functional teams
- Experience in dynamic environments with overlapping projects/deliverables
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Expertise in one or more areas preferred: Cloud Management, Understanding of AWS, Azure, GCP, and hyper-scale clouds
We are bold, we are not afraid to question the status quo. We promote innovation that disrupts the industry. We embrace diversity and folks who think differently. We dream big and we have the passion and drive to make those dreams a reality and have fun doing it!
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub