Member Technical Staff
Pune, IndiaApply Now
You’ve read the headlines – data breaches are rampant and it’s not because organizations aren’t spending enough money on IT security. In fact, we are spending more than ever while breaches persist and grow in impact. Traditional IT security needs an overhaul that focuses on effective design and usability – especially in rapidly changing public and private cloud environments. This is where you come in.
We are seeking a senior engineer with a real passion for security to work on our dynamic network encryption product within the Security Products Group. In this position you will focuses on encryption technologies and data security. Especially building an available and robust Application level TLS encryption report card with capability to add TLS encryption tunnel to make application follow company standards.
VMware SPG is a new and exciting team within the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU - the team that ships NSX), passionate about building new security solutions for the software-defined data center. We have the feel and excitement level of a startup within of one of the most successful and exciting companies in the industry. VMware Security Products Group (SPG) knows that making security easy to use means that it is more likely to be used, correctly. And this means better security in the long run.
Role and Responsibility:
You will utilize your experience in software development experience to
• Research, design, implement and unit test new features in flagship security product VMware’s AppDefense
• Code in C, C++ and python
• Deliver solid code and working applications that provide the appropriate level of security, performance and reliability
• Work closely with the members of the AppDefense team, in an agile development environment
• Interact with other development teams, QA, Documentation, Release Engineering to execute on product goals
• Provide strong testing, debugging and documentation skills, and develop automated tests for software created by you or others in the group
• Take full ownership of technical features and technical design, identifying and resolving design issues early
• Be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
• Strong experience in Windows internals and network programming.
• Writing server code in windows environment
• Debugging techniques
• Good knowledge of Windows packet filtering (WFP), and desirable but not required Network drivers on Windows
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent required; MS preferred
• Understanding of the security space including aspects of desktop and server security
• 5+ years of professional experience designing and implementing software systems, preferably in C/C++
• Desired areas are security products and system related tools
• Java coding skills are a plus
• Windows Packet Filter programming
• In depth knowledge of Operating System API
• Hard-working, results oriented, high energy, self-motivated and creative individual who can become a part of a new and exciting team
- Preferred Skills:
- Formal degree in computer science or equivalent, masters degree in computer science or a PhD
- Understanding of TLS principles
- Security Domain Expertise with vulnerability and threat management experience
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking, Encryption or Security Crypto experience are all a huge advantage
- Experience in cloud management system design is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub