Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Member of Technical StaffJob ID R1904994 Date posted 04/11/2019
You’ve read the headlines – data breaches are rampant and it’s not because organizations aren’t spending enough money on IT security. In fact, we are spending more than ever while breaches persist and grow in impact. Traditional IT security needs an overhaul that focuses on effective design and usability – especially in rapidly changing public and private cloud environments.
THIS is where you come in.
You will be part of a fast paced and tightly knit team which prides in its innovative skills and ability to deliver a high quality product in a short time span. The VMware Security Products Group (SPG) knows that making security easy to use means that it is more likely to be used, correctly. And this means better security in the long run. VMware SPG is a new and exciting team within the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU - the team that ships NSX), focused on building a solution offering Security as a Service on the Cloud.
We are seeking a Quality focussed Engineer with a passion to drive automation at all stages of software development, release, operations and maintenance.
· Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall scale and performance of the product.
· Setup functional, scale and performance measurement tools to ensure code is the best in quality.
· Develop automation framework for functional & scale tests.
· Interface with customers and provide support for service as needed
· Deploy and manage scale and performance infrastructures for network, compute and storage systems in the Cloud.
· Contribute to feature design for higher scale and performance in the cloud.
· Masters degree preferred, Bachelors in Computer Science or EE is required
· 5+ years experience working in a commercial software application development environment.
· 5+ years of experience in quality automation
· Proficient in coding and debugging in Python or Java
· Hands-on experience with AWS / Azure / OpenStack is a big plus
· Knowledge of Cloud Management Infrastructure is a big plus
· Excellent understanding of Operating Systems concepts.
· Proficiency in using source code control systems, continuous build integration, test case management and reporting tools.
· Experience in working in Scrum methodology is a plus
· Passionate about quality, wants to make a difference
· Ability to work in a motivated, maturing, fast paced environment
· Ability to work both independently and collectively in a team environment
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.