Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
IT DCOps Engineer
Pune, IndiaApply Now
IT DC Ops Engineer
Overview of VMware:
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
The IT DC Ops Engineer works closely with IT DC Ops lead and team within APAC to understand and manage Day to Day Activities of Data Center and LAB within VMWARE. In addition, this role proactively learns and understand Data Center and IT infrastructure technologies with VMware platform adoption and standardization. Driving relationships at every level with internal customers.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions.
- Work with Sr. IT DC operations team members to understand day to day operation of Data Centers, Labs and technical support
- Work within IT LABS and Data Center for
- Equipment installation, managing shipping and receiving
- Installs/moves/add changes (IMACS), equipment removal
- Asset management of the IT equipment within IT LAB/data centers
- Familiar with Problem/incident management process
- Manage Equipment rooms (IT LABS) and to control the access to the VMWARE DC/LAB
- Schedule installations and work with various vendors for mission critical equipment
- Installation, RMA and upgrades
- Conduct regular pre-checks on all IT equipment within IT LAB/DCs
- Break-fix for Network, Servers, Storage, networks
- Liaise with Vendors for Installations, Upgrades of Storage, server, network equipment as per customer requirement
- Regularly interact with internal customers to understand business requirement, handle escalations and seek feedback
- Monitor Help Now queue for incident and problem
- Engineer with 2-6 years of Data Center hands-on plus remote support experience
- Highly competent in technical background about data center infrastructure, Server hardware and architecture, operating systems, Desktop deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture.
- Good written and verbal Communication Skills in English
- Adaptable and progressive learner
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Accomplished communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Knowledge of VMWARE Technology and Products
- Certification in Networking (CCNE) or VMware (VCP 5/ 6 certification)
- Consistently take the appropriate actions to resolve problems and knowledge of Problem and Incident Management process.
- Take ownership of all customer issues and be timely in follow-up on all details of any outstanding items
- Express ideas and points of view in written documents in a clear, well-structured, and concise manner
Why Choose VMware
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here FUN!
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.