Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Business Analyst II - IB Services, ELA IBJob ID R1904371 Date posted 04/15/2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 14,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
Role: Business Analyst II
Type: Full time
Reporting to: Vinod, Rajni
Digital business requires a digital foundation. VMware compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security software forms a dynamic, consistent digital foundation to deliver the apps that power business innovation. VMware streamlines the journey to digital business by unlocking value from today’s technologies while enabling the integration of tomorrow’s. We, IB Services organization support different business lines, Transactional renewal quotes, ELA IB quotes, Renewal ELA quotes for Sales/Sales support team and audit models for Third party auditors. We are committed to delivering an unparalleled purchasing experience that enables, accelerates operational innovation and build bridges across VMware and our Field sales community. We put our people first by creating a global employee experience that builds loyalty.
Install Base Services - Business Analyst II at IB Services in VMware requires an individual who demonstrates the ability to learn new business concepts in support of a team’s objective. Ideal candidates are innovative, analytical, process oriented, ambitious, and enjoy working in a fast-growing, data and operationally driven environment. He or she should have a strong business understanding, good verbal and written communication skills, advanced Excel and data analytics skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role for Business Analyst II – Install Base services: in Pune will focus on providing following support for the organization
- Subject matter expertise on Install Base Services quoting and Service Contract processes in Oracle, apart from understanding of ELA business and other dependent processes/functions
- Work closely with the Strategy to provide operational requirements impact assessments, during BRD-FRD discussions, testing, go live readiness and training plans
- Drive internal Operational Excellence projects
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and highlight areas of improvement
- Sharing data in a more consumable format (PPT or excel based) with team / management / Sales team
- Work with business stakeholders for defining solutions and issue resolution
- Work on adhoc projects or program functions as assigned
- Work independently, interact with team members / managers across geo’s & different time zones
- Flexibility to work across time zones
- Coordinate and work closely with operational leaders to identify and drive process efficiencies
- Provide ideas/solutions to business problems, participate & contribute on strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 + Years of experience in software industry, Preferably Quote to Cash
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Self-driven, creative & learn with minimum support
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in working hours as per business requirements (weekends & extended hours)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, VBA, Access, SQL Server via SQL is an added advantage
- Experience in a business intelligence reporting systems and proficiency in business intelligence visualization tools such as Tableau/HANA is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Configure Price & Quote (CPQ) and SaaS quoting would be an advantage
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and value diversity
VMware is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.