Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Senior Solution Engineering Manager – Software Defined Data Center, Global Accounts
Phoenix, ArizonaApply Now
The Senior SE Manager of Global Accounts, Americas will develop and lead an organization of Pre-Sales Professionals includes Solution Engineers and Strategists in VMware’s Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) business. This leader will partner with the senior management of Sales for Global Accounts in Americas to grow this business for the top 50 global accounts.
Actively manage the growth and development of the team to ensure the competency of the Solution Engineering team to support the business technologies and solution offerings. Collaborating and leveraging the team skills to support all aspects of the business to improve effective business interactions, revenue growth and high levels of customer satisfaction. The leader also will grow their business through the development of internal business partnerships with the field Sales Organization and VMware Business Units.
Background and Experience:
VMware is seeking a seasoned leader with a successful track record of handling sizeable, high-performance teams and who has partnered with sales to grow products and services revenue. In addition, you have demonstrated excellent planning and strategy deployment skills. You possess both a broad level of technology understanding and a strength in customer relationships coupled with operational and financial acumen.
You should have experience in technology sales, consulting services, pre-sales or customer facing roles with progression into management across these functional areas. They should have demonstrated the ability to lead teams through complex sale execution and personally influenced key relationships in driving growth of large-scale business solutions with senior client executives.
- Work in a hyper-growth environment with an appreciation of how growth affects the business dynamics, corporate culture and in-place processes and systems
- Collaboration with field sales organizations involving joint client presentations, opportunity pursuits and managing customer relationships
- Built, led and motivated highly collaborative teams of experienced pre-sales managers and engineers.
- Have run sales plays for new offerings and developed collateral for the teams' reuse and distribution to both clients and internal groups
- Possess organizational and management competency including business and personnel management
- Have recruited, coached and mentored, and professionally developed teams of elite pre-sales engineers
- Thought leadership on how to continually evolve sales, increase market adoption and drive a service led sales culture
- Review key customer deliverables to ensure business alignment and accurate roadmaps with detailed implementation plans
- Manage a diverse team of first line managers and individual contributors across a large geographic area.
- Manage in a matrix model supporting sales, corporate product teams, support organizations, professional services and partner teams.
- Be responsible for the performance and development of direct reports.
- 7+ years of experience managing or leading a successful presales and/or services organization preferably in Enterprise IT
- 10+ years in customer-facing roles in IT pre-sales or service roles or industry experience in relevant positions, preferably within the Enterprise IT space or technology sector
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to handle challenging client demands and multiple engagements
- Experience with financial modeling and benchmarking principles
- Experience building and developing teams in a dynamic, startup (or startup-like) environment a big plus
- Ability to communicate professionally with executives, teams, customers and partner, including CxO-level personal; establishing peer relationships and articulating strategic vision, aligns partner interests and navigates customer organizations to ensure successful project delivery and acceptance
- Deep understanding of cloud computing principles, features, and business & IT value propositions for Global Accounts
- Excellent management practices, and interpersonal and motivational skills, staff development, strategy and goal setting customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.