Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Phoenix, ArizonaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The U.S. Regional Account Executive is a Field Sales and Business Development position accountable for driving/supporting partners in large complex transactions, evangelizing to both customers and partners the benefits of VMware products/solutions and being the primary VMware Field Leader for the VMware Commercial team in their assigned territory. Each RAE must have exceptional selling, presentation and technical skills with a passion for driving Partner & End-User activity across their region in order to exceed quarterly bookings targets.
- Reports to a Manager, U.S. Commercial Sales
- Accountable for a quarterly bookings target for VMware products including packaged services and education offerings
- Will work closely with Field Specialists to maximize VMware bookings in their assigned geography. - - -This will include end-user sales – always with a Partner, 1 to many Partner and Customer events and Partner recruitment/enablement
- Must be proficient in data center infrastructure products and technologies
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex Partner and End-User sales strategy to achieve both short & long term goals, objectives and bookings targets. Must drive both ‘Whitespace’ and ‘Walletshare’ selling motions in their assigned geographies
- Will work closely with top Partner Executives/Sellers across the U.S. including leading VARs, Distributors, Corporate Resellers, OEMs, and Cloud/Hosting Partners
- Will work closely with the VMware Channel/Partner Organization to develop a strong and dependable partner ecosystem that can sell VMware products into their - Commercial accounts/prospects. Strong channel knowledge is a must
- Expected to support partners in large, complex opportunities required direct VMware sales assistance
- Strong executive presence and communications skills; must be comfortable discussing virtualization and datacenter infrastructure technologies with CIO and Partner principals
- Proven ability to work closely with leadership and team to maximize joint leverage in each territory across all VMware and Partner resources. Strong Inside Sales knowledge is a plus
- 7+ years of proven selling experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Comfortable supporting Partners negotiating large deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Domain experience selling in Datacenter Space. Ideally expertise across-compute, network, storage, Management and Cloud Services
- Exceptional selling, presentation and technical skills with a passion for driving Partner & End-User activity across their region in order to exceed quarterly bookings targets
- Must be driven to achieve quarterly targets
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Product Specialists, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
- Demonstrate proficiency in data center infrastructure products and technologies
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex Partner and End-User sales strategy to achieve both short- & long-term goals, objectives and bookings targets.
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, honesty, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within the industry
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted and committed individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Ability to travel 30 – 50% of the time
This position is eligible for the AMERSalesDoubleDown enhanced ERP Campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.