Client Solutions Architect - France (Paris)
Paris, FranceApply Now
The job resides inside Professional Services Organisation (PSO) as a pre-sale resource in the France region.
The Services Solutions Architect works closely with the PSO Sales and Delivery team to build customized solutions to meet a client’s unique business needs. Building a solution may include activities such as running workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, input from the Account Team, working with specialists, product managers, and other stakeholders. The PSO Services Solutions Architect should have excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualise the solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for designing the solution to realize the vision. As the PSO Services Solutions Architect you will be responsible for owning the solution and support the creation of a conceptual design and Statement of Works, including estimation of effort calculations, identifying and mitigating project risks, defining service descriptions and detailed work packages. The role is a non-billable consultant.
As a PSO Services Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for the design of complex transformational strategies. In this technology leadership position you should feel comfortable in leading the development of solutions. The role requires tools, frameworks, and design patterns for solutions. You will be asked to contribute to those frameworks, develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor internal & external stakeholders on the use of the tools. You will be working as part of a team with similar charters. To effectively build complex strategies it is important to build a strong network among your peers and internal & external teams. You should be ready to take ownership of the initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of solutions. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of Technical Skills, Business Acumen, and a strong desire to support the customer. The ideal candidate will need to understand the detail behind the solutions and also be able to communicate the high level vision. You will be acting as a lead technologist and should have a broad understanding of technology. The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding in one or more of the following components of Software Defined Data Center areas:
1) IaaS: Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking (LAN/MAN/WAN), Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
2) PaaS: Platforms (Application Development, Application Design)
3) CaaS (Container as a service, Kubernetes, PKS…)
4) CMP: Cloud Management platform (Multi cloud Management, Application Management, Desktop Management)
5) Public/Hybrid Cloud : AWS, Azure, IBM…
• Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements
• Design solutions to meet the business/technical objectives
• Must be able to develop Vision Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
• Ability to think past the products and create solutions to meet the business/IT needs
• Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
• Ensure that proposals and statement of works are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
• Support sales efforts with delivery management and practice management teams
• Facilitate the correct and efficient handover of projects from the sales phase to delivery.
• Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
• Provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
• Adhere to VMware PSO sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits, meet all financial metrics in terms of expected margin, contingency of projects, PM time, etc. in customer proposals.
• Participate in account relationship and issue management activities
• Maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
• Obtain continuous feedback from the field, including customers, bringing IP back to corporate teams and making recommendations on future service offerings
• Delivery or production experience on either Infrastructure, Development, Desktop, or Systems Management
• Business development experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment
• technical solution scoping experience in a consulting environment, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
• Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
• experience in a multi-dimensional organisation
• Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills
• Superior organizational and negotiation skills
• Understanding of new enterprise culture and development methodology (Scrum, sAFE, Devops…)
• Understanding of modern IT production data center and software defined datacenter strategy
• Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, UNIX (e.g. Solaris), Windows operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
• Understanding of modern application environment (containers, containers orchestrator, micro services,…)
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel up in the region
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training preferred
• Certifications in technologies related to Public Cloud provider (AWS, Azure…), Infrastructure, Development, Desktop and/or Systems Management
Equal Opportunity Statement
- We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub