Account Manager, based in Paris
Paris, FranceApply Now
The Account Manager is an exciting senior sales position responsible for developing and closing large ‘strategic sales’ opportunities within a specific Commercial sales accoutn list.
The key objective therefore will be for you to develop, manage and accurately forecast their opportunities to improve VMware sales from their specific accounts.
There will be a revenue quota for the territory – as such, the Account Manager will be developing, building and leading a virtual team associated with the defined territory. [NB: This would typically include the TPBM, aligned Sales Specialists, pooled SE’s, Marketing and Business Operations).
The AM will, therefore, implement a plan to achieve this objective. This plan will include improving sales and alignment coverage, partner mapped and SPBM engagement – as well as identifying the routes to market for the strategic sales opportunities within that territory.
As part of our team, you will:
- Liaise closely with TPBM to improve territory coverage and build strategic deal demand in the assigned territory.
- Own and exceed the strategic deal revenue quota. This includes accurately forecasting sales within the territory. Provide forecasting and update account/opportunity detail in Salesforce.com
- Engage directly with the end customer during the sales cycle. Understanding and establishing relationships with key contacts within the customers and relevant partners
- Sell VMware solution as a ‘platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a ‘cost burden’ to a strategic deployment
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution selling to existing opportunities and explore ways to up sell and cross sell into that opportunity
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while leading a diverse set of partners within the same account
- To be successful, you will need to:
- Demonstrate experience in enterprise software sales with a consistent track record of over achieving sales goals; successful sales background in infrastructure software sales
- Ideally, have experience in direct sales – especially at CxOs level
- Have strong acumen for detailing the business benefits of the sometimes quite technical solutions within the portfolio
- Possess an ability to work as part of an extended team
- Have significant record of accomplishment in selling in software or infrastructure environment
- Be an adept in handling multiple opportunities at a time
- Be able to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products and secure long-term engagements
- Communicate complex ideas and strategies
- Think strategically and tactically
- Be able to forecast accurately
- Have experience of working in a channel environment
- Have good presentation skills - as well as strong relationship skill, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal skills
- Have a strong knowledge of consultative sales that gets results
- Be high energy person and a motivated self-starter
- Be a dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language.
- Focus on results with ability to follow through - Consistent record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives and targets
- Have good attention to detail
Ad hoc information:
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub