Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
VeloCloud Senior Revenue Analyst
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The Revenue Technical Accounting Team’s mission is to properly interpret and apply revenue recognition guidance in order to mitigate business and financial risks and ensure the accounting for sales transactions are accurately recorded and reported in a timely manner. We are part of a wider Revenue Team comprising of over 100 people.
We are searching for a talented, dynamic, hands-on Senior Revenue Analyst who will be part of our VeloCloud Revenue Technical Accounting Team and report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
In this role, you will be highly motivated and focused, have great attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and an ability to learn quickly. You will be organized, efficient, and take direction well while taking full initiative/ownership of your areas of responsibility.
Primary responsibilities will involve accounting duties (under US GAAP) to incorporate customer deal and contract reviews to interpret and evaluate business cases, as well as insurance of proper compliance with revenue recognition rules and guidelines. You will recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers and peers. You will be responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly journal entries with appropriate analytics. You will interact with sales teams, distribution partners and numerous internal groups to support preparation of internal and external reporting, process documentation, as well as performance with ad-hoc projects. You will also:
- Document systems and manual processes and procedures when necessary
- Perform detailed data validation/testing
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley related procedures
- Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests
- Facilitate preparation of accounting position memos
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials
- Perform other accounting-related ad-hoc analyses
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, conclude, and effectively present information to management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work cross functionally at various levels
- Ability and motivation to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Proven aptitude for working with numbers and reports
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA, and Big 4 Accounting Experience
- 3-5 years experience in software revenue accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- NetSuite/Oracle/SAP/RevStream familiarity a plus
VMware is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.