Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
As a UX Designer on the Colleague Experience team at VMware, you’ll be a vital part of our team as we work on evolving the tools and services we offer to VMware employees globally with modern design, inspiring prototypes, and the newest technologies.
Job Role and Responsibility
You will succeed through creativity, collaboration, and prompt delivery. We’ll provide the real-world experience of conceptualizing, designing, and building new employee facing products from scratch or new features with existing services and tools. You’ll have the full support, guidance, and knowledge of our team as we aim to enable our colleagues to do their best work through delightful experiences.
- You will create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture work and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- Work with the team to create new product concepts that inspire users to connect with the product through visually-pleasing and usable prototypes and interactions.
- Collaborate closely with an international team of interaction designers, developers and user researchers
- Understand technology and implementation issues that affect design
- Support engineering efforts to develop designs and get the details right
- Participate and contribute to testing and validation of products from rough concepts to high-fidelity prototypes
- Create product concepts that inspire users to connect with the product through visually-pleasing and usable prototypes and designs.
- Translating and evolving existing design system to new workflows, components and interactions
- Working knowledge of standard design tools – Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.
- 1-3 years of experience with design and implementation of complex user interfaces
- Good judgment, superior people skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in HCI, Computer Science or related programs
- Working knowledge of standard design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.
- Experience using other languages like Python, SQL, GraphQL, or others are a welcomed addition
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub