Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Technical Program Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. With VMware solutions, organizations are building unique experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers and community.
Are you passionate about getting things done and continually improving the products and the process? Can you juggle many details while keeping sight of strategic objectives? Are you graceful under pressure? The VMware Integrated Systems Business Unit (ISBU) brings the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) to the mainstream by delivering integrated offerings that are simple for customers to purchase, deploy, operate and are currently seeking a Technical Program Manager to join its ranks.
As a Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for managing multiple initiatives related to the deployments of the VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) product and you will interface directly with other VMware teams, with VMware Processional Services, our partners, and customers too. You will manage all the data associated with customer deployments of VCF and support the scheduling, resourcing, and tracking of those deployments.
Clear communication by setting the right expectations and driving progress is crucial to the success of this role.
* Meticulous attention to detail in managing business-critical data
* Ability to extract reports from our data, both regular ones and ad-hoc ones as needed
* building and maintaining ”dashboards” consumed by different groups within the company
* Experience driving multiple cross-functional technical programs concurrently
* Self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive well-scoped projects to completion
* Unique skills in developing productive working relationships, influencing, and delivering results despite complexity, ambiguity and challenges
* A working knowledge of VMware’s core products (including vSphere, vSAN vRealize Suite, NSX)
* Experience working directly with customers and partners
* Agility in execution when a project is time-sensitive and visible to a customer
* Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills - can clearly summarize and communicate technical/business issues and status to any audience
* MS/Bachelor degree in Computer Science and equivalent work experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.