Technical Program Manager, Staff
, - Palo Alto,California,USApply Now Job ID R1905141
The Program Management Office in the Dell Technologies Solutions Team (DTS) in the VMware office of the CTO is looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager to lead and support our joint projects across Dell Technologies including. You will report to the Sr. Director of the Business Operations and program management who is chartered to drive and govern solutions across Dell Technologies from ideation to launch.
Be part of a team that is driving opportunities and changing how we work across Dell Technologies to deliver utmost value to our customers.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and coordinate across Dell Technologies to build a schedule and drive identified joint solutions to launch
- Use existing tools with Release Management to report status of completion of features and remove obstacles and communicate clearly statuses as they relate to release and program cadence.
- Partner with engineering on top initiatives and projects – as related to patches, releases, interoperability and execution.
- Ability to learn technologies, understand business opportunities and get into the details to own and drive program objectives.
- Partner with (DTS) business development and (VMware and other DTS) product management for Conference support, off-sites and other engagements
- Identify processes to improve, and able to change-manage and introduce solutions to improve engineering execution.
- Run reports, show status and follow up on execution based on reports
- Drive major Dell Technologies initiatives within engineering, working with Test & Development, Product Management, Product Marketing and Release central teams.
- Drive & Improve accountability of engineering (development & testing), product management (scope & requirements), and marketing (Go-to-Market & Sales Enablement).
- Build and maintain a detailed project timeline that will include all project tasks and encompass all sites in the project
- Proven experience with juggling and prioritizing a broad range of projects at once, and willingness to hustle
- 5+ years of experience in running complex projects for a technology, software or consumer electronics company
- Bachelor's’ degree in engineering disciplines is required (Computer Science, Software is preferred)
- Strong communication (written and oral), analytical, organizational, social and conflict management skills
- Experience in running a complex project with over 300 participants, multi-sites, and multi- teams.
- Familiarity with a variety of collaboration & reporting & presentation tools (SharePoint, Confluence, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SmartSheet)
- Proven technical knowledge in engineering (development and/or testing) and exposure to product management is a highly desirable.
- Program management certification highly desirable
- Familiarity with Dell Technologies products is an advantage.
- Knowledge of related projects of Dell Enterprise solutions involving servers, storage and networking platforms and VMware products is highly desirable. VMware knowledge is plus.
- Release experience is highly desirable
- Working across geographies, time zones and companies is desirable.
- Detailed-oriented, strong communicator, terrific listener.
- Change-management understanding, tools/reporting roll-out is a plus, data driven.
- Presentation abilities are key.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- builds sustainable systems and tools to provide objective data and status.
- Able to rely on predictive tools to foresee project closures
- Strong presentation and organizational skills.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub