Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Strategic Audience Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware’s Customer Executive marketing organization is a function within Global Marketing, responsible for building relationships with customer IT decision makers with primary focus on CxO, VP and IT Decision Maker audiences. The Strategic Audience Marketing Manager in the Customer Executive marketing team is responsible to build and strengthen VMware’s relationship with IT Decision Makers from our top customers and prospects. This leader will own the strategy and plan for the Customer Advisory Board(CAB) and Executive Sponsor Program(ESP).
The objective of these programs is to deepen relationships with strategic accounts and create advocates with select customers. The goal is for the customer advisory board is to garner feedback and insights from customers to fuel the growth and shape investment areas for VMware. The executive sponsor program is intended to build relationships between VMware and top customer executives. This role will work collaboratively with the global and field marketing teams and product teams to determine the select accounts and ensure that these programs are integrated into the overall customer engagement strategy and plans. This position is well-suited for highly collaborative individuals who can work effectively with customers, peers and executives at all levels.
- Build and execute Customer Advisory Board strategy and program including participant selection, agenda, speakers.
- Build and manage the Executive Sponsor Program to maximize access to executives, deepen existing relationships and foster new relationships with accounts
- Working with the global and field marketing to get the right audience into the CAB and ESP programs, managing the list of customers we are engaging
- Jointly build the CAB annual calendar, locations to align with the broader customer engagement programs in regions.
- Develop a process to harness and share the insights from these customer engagements.
- Operationalize the management of these programs and provide regular updates and share results in QBR and to key constituents
- Develop an engagement and communication plan for customers by leveraging thought-leadership, customer success and other relevant content to amplify these VMware’s POV and messages.
Required Skills and Expertise
- The ideal candidate brings 10+ years focused on B2B marketing
- Solid grasp of the marketing funnel and target strategies to acquire and upsell customers
- Strong project and program management skills with ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and function as part of a team that often must perform under pressure
- Excellent cross-functional team player that can excel at both strategy and execution and lead/influence teams
- Highly driven self-starter that thrives in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated leadership running marketing programs for a variety of audiences and a broad solution portfolio
- Must be able to work collaboratively across marketing, sales, executives and customers
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) cross functionally and at all levels including executives and customers
- Experience managing third party vendors
- BS/BA required and related work experience required, MBA a plus
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.