Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Staff Software Engineer - NSX Security / Firewall Management Plane
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
As a Staff Engineer working in NSX R&D, you will have an opportunity to work on next generation firewall/Security solutions. Staff Engineers are flag-bearers of quality and engineering excellence. They lead by example and hold themselves and others to a high bar when it comes to engineering culture, design, code quality and execution. They have significant influence on our technical and product direction and help mentor other engineers on the team.
- Be part of an engineering team building an enterprise class management platform for distributed networking services.
- Use agile methodologies to design, implement and test new features.
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform.
- Should be able to guide fellow engineers and collaborate with other engineering and product teams on new technologies and ideas.
- Maintain existing code and support the service.
- Support our partners, customers and community users on support forums, mailing lists and issue trackers.
- Help present at our internal tech meetings.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Work experience with development in Java and Spring
- Work experience in design, architecture, and support of Microsoft Active Directory, and key sub-components including LDAP, RADIUS, etc.
- Expert-level knowledge in Microsoft Event Log Server architecture.
- Expert-level knowledge of infrastructure services running on Microsoft Windows platform (AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, ADFS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of networking, security and firewall technologies.
- Azure AD familiarity is a plus
- Strong understanding of database technologies including MySQL, Postgres etc.
- Object oriented programming techniques
- Knowledge in Microsoft AD architecture , Azure AD is a plus
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.